Hello Guest

2024 What should we do?

• 5 Replies

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
2024 What should we do?
« on: December 10, 2023, 02:41:00 PM »
For the Fall Classic... Should we change base camp? ... wagon train adventure with multiple camp site?

the possibilities are endless...

Thoughts?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
Re: 2024 What should we do?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2024, 09:04:44 PM »
For the Fall Classic... Should we change base camp? ... wagon train adventure with multiple camp site?

the possibilities are endless...

Thoughts?

-Eric

Here is my $.02 on this:  I think the Fall Classic is more of a tradition than anything else...and if we change too much of the tradition, then we lose some of the appeal.  Yes, most of us have seen hole in the ground, fort rock, crack in the ground, plane crashes, pine mountain, (and many other things) several times...but each year there are some new folks who get to see that stuff for the first time and it is kind of fun to share it with them.  Camp morning wood is "our" campground that we visit each year.  I love exploring new places, but it sort of "feels" wrong to move the fall classic! 
My rig is a fusion of Jazz and Funk; I call it JUNK

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2024, 09:35:20 AM »
I lean that way too, Matt.. I think we can hybrid this though meaning stay at camp Morningwood but then actually try a new POI or two. I've got a couple ideas, the issue is that if I don't get a chance to pre-run they could be a bit of a bust BUT it would be adventure.  We could chase snow too... IDK. Let's get this conversation rolling...

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline bishop10

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2024, 11:02:11 AM »
Has anyone checked the fire maps lately? It's starting to look like camp may be a little crispy.

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2024, 04:54:09 PM »
Yah, that areas looks to be on-fire at the moment. Maybe we will be exploring newly burn forest and freshly cut fire lines.
I enjoy that base camp and the usual stuff, mostly for the same reasons as Matt. It is easy, a nice camp, and tradition at this point. At the same time, I really enjoyed the early days when we adventured around and set up somewhere different each day. It forces you to have better camping agility.   
D.

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2024, 09:07:11 AM »
I'll probably drive over that way this weekend or next. it does appear like we may want to pick a new base or do a caravan style adventure!  Anyone heard of the Strawberry Mtn range? or Rager Ranger station?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online