Hello Guest

2021 ZUKIWORLD Fall Classic - November 19th thru 21st. WITH A POLL / PLEASE VOTE

• 38 Replies

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Re: 2021 ZUKIWORLD Fall Classic - November 19th thru 21st.
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2021, 01:26:36 PM »
YAY!

So happy you are going to be there... I hope you can bring the Sidekick so I can drool over the rack. :) 

Will you let the MVC crew know at the Wallery's meeting if that happens this week? 

-Eric

Mason and I will be there. 
GX470 or Sidekick.
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline darnold87

I just called Cowboy Dinner Tree.  They have lots of availability on Friday and a fair amount of availability Saturday night.  If that becomes part of the plan, we will need to reserve ahead of time.
~Davey
'94 Suzuki Sidekick
'92 Suzuki Swift GT
'04 Lexus GX470

Offline darnold87

YAY!

So happy you are going to be there... I hope you can bring the Sidekick so I can drool over the rack. :) 

Will you let the MVC crew know at the Wallery's meeting if that happens this week? 

-Eric

You like my rack ehh?!  😂
Yes, we'll discuss this tonight at the MVC meeting! 👍
~Davey
'94 Suzuki Sidekick
'92 Suzuki Swift GT
'04 Lexus GX470

Offline Soupy

I'll be there ... in something Suzuki related

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
Great.. it'll be good to see you. :)

I'll be there ... in something Suzuki related
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline JustinOdom

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
 8)  I'm Coming! Can't wait. Stoked  to see everybody  there!!
1998 Suzuki Sidekick 4 door

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
8)  I'm Coming! Can't wait. Stoked  to see everybody  there!!

Excellent!
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
Hey Adventure team!  To accommodate those that would like to do the Cowboy Dinner Tree on Saturday, we'll loop through the Freemont forest / Winter Rim area and drop down into the place for dinner. We'll shoot for being there at 6p but please realize that things can go sideways in the hills and we could be delayed. So, if you want to eat at the Cowboy Dinner tree on Saturday... please make a reservation for your party after that time. At this point, I don't think I'll be doing it but I do know there are several that will be. We'll regroup at camp Saturday evening and continue with the shenanigans.

Friday will be the traditional Chili Pot Luck around the camp fire. Please bring a can of chili and a side to share...

More info coming soon.

Thanks, Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
Just FYI; it looks like the fort rock restrooms are closed  :o :police:
https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index.cfm?do=v.notices&parkId=31
My rig is a fusion of Jazz and Funk; I call it JUNK

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
After a mere 11 months, I finally managed to edit the footage from last year's fall classic trip. 
If you're new to this, the video will give you a good idea of what to expect:
https://youtu.be/tzQcTco0Qqo

Offline darnold87

Cowboy Dinner Tree is totally booked for Saturday.  If there are existing reservations, it may be possible to join them.  So has anyone made reservations?
~Davey
'94 Suzuki Sidekick
'92 Suzuki Swift GT
'04 Lexus GX470

Offline JustinOdom

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
I read somewhere about having a pitching in on dinner for one night? Is that still a thing or just fiening for ourselves
1998 Suzuki Sidekick 4 door

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
I read somewhere about having a pitching in on dinner for one night? Is that still a thing or just fiening for ourselves

Hey Justin!  I know Eric's still working out the details...we were considering a Saturday night visit to Cowboy Dinner Tree, but it sounds like they may already be full.  I can't speak for others, but I will probably pass on doing any sit-down dining on this trip.  We will see an itinerary post from Eric soon with more details.  You can check out the itinerary from previous years to get a general idea for what we will be doing each day.
Sometimes we do a chili or stew feed (everybody brings a can of stew/chili and we throw it all in one big pot).  Sometimes part of the crew has dinner at the Fort Rock Diner.  There will also be a stop for supplies and fuel at some point at Christmas Valley, so you can re-stock if you're short on food for the weekend. 

Offline JoeCooper

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
Hey gang, Cassie and I (and likely our new dog Daphne) will be there.  Can’t wait!

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
Zukiworld Fall Classic 2021 - Bend, OR
November 19th – 21st   

Hello Adventure Enthusiasts!

Here's a rough itinerary, a couple of requests, and instructions for those that are planning on coming on this year's ZUKIWORLD FALL CLASSIC! The first thing to do would be to read over the previous adventures and see if you're up to being cold and dirty for three days and to see if this trip would be something that would interest you. Ok - Here's the roughed in schedule! Please note that depending on weather and other conditions, we may not do all of the items listed below. If I have you on 'the list' you'll receive an email with specific coordinates to base camp and other information. If you haven't received an email and are planning on attending, please send me an email at ebewley[at]zukiworld.com

2021 Itinerary
Thursday:

-- Meet at Gordy's Truck Stop  2PM (Gas & last minute Grocery) Leave 2:30PM
-- Drive around the South side of Paulina towards camp.
-- Get to Camp in Afternoon

Friday:

-- GET UP EARLY to visit the A6 war plane crash site. (Stop in Christmas Valley for Lunch, probably)
-- Camp and Have a Chili Potluck  & Social around 6PM
-- Optional Night ride

Saturday:

-- Wake up! - ZW Geo Cache
-- Loop South to take in Thompson Reservoir area, see the Bootleg Fire area, Winter Rim (sites in-between)
-- Stop at Cowboy Dinner Tree for those that have reservations around 6PM, others drive on and perhaps eat at one of the two fine
establishments in Ft Rock Diner/Bar
-- Campground shenanigans

Sunday:

-- Wake up (again) & break camp - Pine Mountain Radio Towers
-- Get to Bend and Disperse/Disband 5PM

Requests / Instructions:

1 - Send and email to me ebewley[at]zukiworld.com letting me you're attending (please include a cell number type of vehicle, where you are coming from and how many will be in your group)
2 - Watch this thread for more information. (A list of attendees will be generated in this thread as verification that we know you're going)
3 - An email will be sent to those that are attending with finalized details including specific meeting locations, times, maps, etc...
4 - It most likely will be very cold. (bring what you need to survive AND enjoy yourself)
5 - Have a 200 mile range with your vehicle.
6 - Bring an arm load of fire wood to help out or means to gather some firewood on our way to camp.
7 - Suzuki mfg vehicle or special guest.
8 - Trailers, motor-homes, & campers are a NO-NO, this event is about the elements and simple camping, If you need to haul, consider dropping off in LaPine and driving your adventure rig from there.
9 - If you bring a dog, make sure it is well behaved or you may be asked to camp far, far away from the group.
10 - We'll be using FM radios and the MURS channels. We may switch to FRS channels to accommodate but no one will have a CB.
11 - Chili Potluck is where each person brings a can of chili to throw into a big pot. AND A SIDE ITEM THAT YOU'LL SHARE

We'll provide the cooking you bring the chili.

Thanks, Eric .
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online