Hello Guest

seat swap options

• 8 Replies

seat swap options
« on: October 27, 2012, 07:03:27 PM »
my front and back seats are shot in my 88 zuki what is a common, easy, and cheapest route to go.

Offline Wildman

Re: seat swap options
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 03:43:02 AM »
Alot of people use the seats from a Dodge Neon. They fit good and are comfortable.  Thats what is in mine.

Wade

Offline Skyhiranger

• I don't buy, what I can build
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 06:16:51 AM »
Alot of people use the seats from a Dodge Neon. They fit good and are comfortable.  Thats what is in mine.

Wade

X2.  For front seats, the later neon seats are great.  I have them in a couple of my samurais.
For the rear seat, you are kinda limited on choices, since a samurai rear seat is so narrow.  So basically a samurai or some jeeps have a narrow enough rear seat, to fit between the fenderwells.
Tracker and Sidekick parts for sale.....PM me with your wants/needs.

Offline crewcabrob

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 10:20:46 AM »
For teh rearseat, a Jeep fold and tumble is the best way to go.  You can either source a good used one or buy a new one from Corbeau, Best top or one of the others.

I have a budy trying to sell a fold and tumble from his old jeep.  Still in good shape, grey with brackets I believe.  I can find out how much he wants for it.  About $33 to ship via USPS.

Rob
92 Sami, OME YJ SPUA, 15x10 Ultra wheels, 32x11.5x15 MTR/k, Corbeau Moab seats, Shrockworks bumpers and tank skid, Mighty Kong, 6.5:1 gears, hi-rock rails, Bushwacker 6" flares, Rampage tinted top, Grant wheel, Truck-lites LED head lights, PIAA LED driving lights, MOAB Husker Spirit license plate

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 07:05:28 PM »
will a sidekick rear seat work? not sure what year it is out of but the guy said its latch was in-set in the floor were mine is bolt to the top.  Are  the neon seats a bolt in swap or will i need to make brackets? I found a set of cherokee seats how hard would would they be to make work in the front?

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 12:41:50 AM »
I just swapped in some JK seats. It wasn't hard at all...I just measured and drilled for the Samurai sliders.  I mounted the sliders a couple inches forward so I could get more leg room.  So far so good...Swapping Cherokee seats would probably be similar.

Offline GO_OUTSIDE!

• Sammy Jack
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 08:16:30 AM »
I have a pair of grey rear seats for the samurai in great condition. $50 plus shipping from Virginia 24590.
Whats a guy gotta do to earn some respect around here?

Hypersega

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 12:59:28 PM »
I have 91 Honda Prelude front seats in mine... it was a bit of work though.... used the seat pans from a 86 Honda CRX
they are very comfy, have memory seat that does'nt use power to do that..,. has lumbar and the side of the drivers seat also is adjustable

Offline AZuki13

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 11:25:53 AM »
I have seats outta a early 90s f150 in mine. I had to pull 1 arm rest off of each seat. I used the sammys lower seat bracckets.