Hello Guest

Evil Twin Stick shifter

• 9 Replies

Offline Taimur

Evil Twin Stick shifter
« on: April 14, 2010, 06:28:01 AM »
During surfing I came accross with Evil Twin sticks for sami. quite impressive. I need your expert openion on how they work.
What I understand, one stick is for shifting between H and L and second is for between 2wd and 4wd. I have manual lockign hubs.
Does front shaft is disconnected when you put in 2wd low range?

thanks in advance for your expert openion.

Offline cobleeze

Re: Evil Twin Stick shifter
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 09:36:24 AM »
Yep!

Online ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 10:04:43 AM »
Yes, that's the best part... 2wd low range for various off-road manuevers.

I have one our our GI Jane project and aside from the inner boot, (or lack of one)  I really like it a lot!

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline my996duc1

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 03:33:09 PM »
Yes, that's the best part... 2wd low range for various off-road manuevers.

I have one our our GI Jane project and aside from the inner boot, (or lack of one)  I really like it a lot!

-Eric

I was thinking about going to the twin sticks... here are the boots that I was planning on using, will they not work ??
on the t-case - https://www.rock4xfabrication.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=289&osCsid=b11216745d648e081041282f577efd2e
inside the cab -http://www.lowrangeoffroad.com/index.php/suzuki/samurai/transfer-case/twin-stick-shifter-interior-boots.html

1987 Tintop / 1.6 16V ps & ac / 6.4 t-case Twisted TT / 4.30 R&P Hybrid rear / Double Tough axles / Shrockworks all around / ARB f&r / Mighty Kong & TT full skid / DS disconnect / CV shafts f & r / YJ missing links f & r / Petroworks tintop cage / 15 gal Tank / 31" x 12.50 Pro Comps

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 04:59:37 PM »
It should work, also he sells a boot kit for the top of the transfer case that is well built. I have one of his for a couple years now, no complaints.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline Amilla

• Toyota running gear was made for a samurai!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 10:41:36 PM »
From when I have been reading, the Rock4x lower boot wont work with the Evil Twin set up.  Not enough movement within the boot, it tends to pull out of gear. But I might of been reading old literature, and something could of changed.

I just got myself an Evil Twin set up...haven't installed it yet but the product looks great!!

Amilla
88 Samurai, Sprung Up, Geared Down, Locked,With Yotas.

Offline rascott

• tread lightly monkeywrench a little
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 07:39:43 AM »
that transfer case boot looks real nice(the sammy t/case must be a little different than mine).
i used part of a rubber glove. good for some years so far. also sewed up a cab boot that works.
the 2 wheel low is real nice- you will like it.
'89 kick w/little motor, still got pieces of jeff's pucks, stan's sticks into 4.24:1 tcase, 31x10.5x15's, rear lockrite, kick power steering, some radios(kj6esv), bmw seat, other changes just because. done on the cheap.
suzi the psychic gets me fishing.

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 11:01:59 AM »
is there anything like the evil twin for a sidekick?????

Offline cj

• I drive a really big ATV
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 04:02:37 PM »
The ones in my Kick were made by 37Kicker on here and they use the Rock4x4fabrication boot and I teamed them with a Dana twinstick boot for in the cab. Rock4x4 also does them too.

For my Sammi I have Rock4x4fabrication twinstcks with the same boots. I don't know why the sticks aren't listed but they are available. I got mine through Sean at Low Range.

Offline Reddog1

• 1991 EFI
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 11:41:33 AM »
During surfing I came accross with Evil Twin sticks for sami. quite impressive. I need your expert openion on how they work.
I am no expert, but do have the Evil Twins and an opinion.

What I understand, one stick is for shifting between H and L and second is for between 2wd and 4wd. I have manual lockign hubs.
Mostly true. The left stick is for lo, neutral, & hi. The right stick is for 2wd or 4wd.  

Does front shaft is disconnected when you put in 2wd low range?
No. You disconnect the front shaft with the right stick, which is for 2wd or 4wd. You can use lo range (left stick) in 2wd or 4wd.

thanks in advance for your expert openion.
You are welcome.

The Twin Sticks allow you to have a true neutral, which is great for flat towing. It allows you to use hi or lo range in 2wd or 4wd. If I am wheeling, I usually lock my hubs, put the right stick in 2wd, with the left stick in hi or lo (depending on my speed). When I need 4wd, I only need to move the right stick to 4wd. The hubs are all ready locked. Then I can move the right stick back to 2wd, without unlocking the hubs.

Wayne
'91 EFI, DD, Hardtop, A/C, Warn 8000 winch, 100 AMP Alt, Toy Celica P/S, TT YJ SPOA M/L, DT 8000 shocks, TT Knuckle Over Steering, Mighty Kong, 4:1 TC, Evil Twins, TT Full Skid, Diff Guards, Fuel Tank Skid, Sliders, Anti-Wrap Bar w/Axle Truss, Panhard Bar, Cooper SST - 30x9.5x15 , 8"x 2-1/2" BS wheels Maxima rear Disc w/ebrake, rear locker