Hello Guest

what rear shocks are people running with 2-2.5inch suspension lifts?

• 17 Replies

Offline sir lance

• I love my XL-7
Re: what rear shocks are people running with 2-2.5inch suspension lifts?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2010, 09:33:09 PM »
I remember a thread on here where a guy after alot of fighting, got his coil in with a compressor, only to see that the bolt head of the compressor was at the top of the coil bucket, so he couldn't take them off. in the end he said screw it and cut them off with a zip disk HAHAHAHA

so make sure when your using them, that they will be in a position that you can take them off after you get the dam coil in.

02' XL-7 1 Ton axles, dual t-cases 37's etc......
Trucks are built not bought*********

Offline bzzr2

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 06:59:23 PM »
since shop access is limited and my skills are limited and require somebody nice to help me out i just went ahead and brought it in to have the front done and aligned, slotted the bottom holes a bit to fix that up as per previous tracker alignments.  i just couldn't wait a month to get it done, feels like an suv now!  the rear shocks which are for a 1985 ford thunderbird ride nicely so far, just enough travel that i have to loosen up the parking brake cable as it was maxed out, also the travel is enough that the coil just loosens up slightly at full travel, so it seats back in perfect after full extension. i will post up some pics shortly.  

on a side note i only used a 1 inch front strut spacer to limit the cv angle on downtravel, rides great on the road like this and maybe the front end will be just a bit less stressed..
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 05:26:40 PM by bzzr2 »
03-ZR2, 2dr, 31x10.5 SSR's & stuff...--sold :-(
03 xl7, jeff's 2inch spacer lift, 225/75/16's; sold
09 taco reg cab short box 4x4

Offline bzzr2

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 02:15:38 PM »
so after my 1st ride in the bush over the weekend the xl7 is alright, it's not my old tracker but will do the trick for what i feel like doing for now..  the front will need some fine tuning as the sway bar is off at the moment and it is very noticeable on the hwy, that will go back on, then i will decide if i need the larger strut spacer that jeff normally sells with his kit.  i made the choice to go only 1inch vs. the 1.5inch.  the goodyear territory tires (canadian tire only's in canada) are ok on the road but sure aren't my swampers in the mud but are adequate.  yes yes, i'll post a pic soon!
03-ZR2, 2dr, 31x10.5 SSR's & stuff...--sold :-(
03 xl7, jeff's 2inch spacer lift, 225/75/16's; sold
09 taco reg cab short box 4x4