Hello Guest

Stock Radio problems-Common it seems.

• 1 Replies

Offline xoffroad

• PaWheelers
Stock Radio problems-Common it seems.
« on: February 27, 2006, 09:06:05 AM »
For those that Haven't had theres replaced under warranty...

Problem: CD's skip when the radio is cold or outside temp is below 45*.
Cure: Replace with updated radio.

I'm getting mine done under warranty (300 miles to go when ordered) but from what the dealer told me this is VERY COMMON. An updated radio is on order that supposedly has the fix in it. Has to do with the tray mech. that freezes up when cold. Not sure exactly.

Just thought I'd share it with you in case your having the same problem. Local dealer replaced 18 last month, 2 in vehicles that were less than 6 months old. Mine's an 04 and just started the problem early last winter. I tried cleaning and cleaning but found out after driving for 2.5 hrs the CD player would work perfectly. Stopped and did my thing got back in and it was skipping, even on brand new CD's.

04 XL7 EX with 6 disc indash stereo. I honestly can't beleive I have a problem with a Suzuki... But then it's a Clarion unit I think so it's not there problem.

Also if the Brake light comes on and the fluid level is between low and max, your still low. Sensitive system!

Offline xoffroad

• PaWheelers
Re: Stock Radio problems-Common it seems.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 12:43:10 PM »
Ok, just heard back from the dealer. There on Backorder with no known ship date... Maybe they'll upgrade mine to the new one with MP3??? That would be sweet.