Hello Guest

Seat swap 1995?

• 4 Replies

Offline Toys-n-Joys

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Seat swap 1995?
« on: December 02, 2019, 08:49:22 PM »
So finding a oem arm rest is getting harder to do. I seen zor had brackets for dodge caravan stowaway 2nd row seats inti a samurai. Has anyone tried this with a tracker/sidekick?

I attached the photos below. I like that they give you more leg room, fold down flat for cargo, and the arm rest.

Seem cheaper than a set of moab seats and brackets too.

If not these seats mentioned whats another good option for a seat upgrade with a arm rest?

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Re: Seat swap 1995?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 06:00:50 AM »
The arm rest is what really throws a wrench in the works.  Most of the time you are going to need something out of a larger pickup or suv to get an armrest... we had a gen 1 Honda CRV, and the driver seat had an armrest... and is a small frame seat.  That could be an option.  Those caravan seats look like a good option, and they are comfortable enough.  Any mini van with second row buckets will probably have arm rests.
1995 Sidekick JLX
16v 5 spd, milled head, LROR Stage 2 clutch
2" Spacer lift, XL7 rear springs,  2nd Gen front springs, W-Body GM Struts on front
OEM ROOF RACK!!!

Offline rusty but trusty

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 07:01:18 AM »
If its an armrest you're looking for, have you considered another console out of another type vehicle with close to the same dimensions and color? I only mention this because I was looking at the stand-alone armrest of the early '00's Xterra/Frontiers. It looks like it might sit too far back to be useful or comfortable. I also wish for an armrest. I saw some aftermarket styles that could be slightly modified to screw to the existing console.

Offline Toys-n-Joys

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 12:40:25 PM »
The arm rest is what really throws a wrench in the works.  Most of the time you are going to need something out of a larger pickup or suv to get an armrest... we had a gen 1 Honda CRV, and the driver seat had an armrest... and is a small frame seat.  That could be an option.  Those caravan seats look like a good option, and they are comfortable enough.  Any mini van with second row buckets will probably have arm rests.

Yea i would like to stick to something thats been done and prooven. I wonder if the samurai has the same seat frame as the sidekicks? Do you know if the samurai guys swap the sidekick seats ir vise verse?

If its an armrest you're looking for, have you considered another console out of another type vehicle with close to the same dimensions and color? I only mention this because I was looking at the stand-alone armrest of the early '00's Xterra/Frontiers. It looks like it might sit too far back to be useful or comfortable. I also wish for an armrest. I saw some aftermarket styles that could be slightly modified to screw to the existing console.

If someone has done it before and it looks nice id consider swapping the center console. Do you have any pictures or links? I prefer oem over aftermarket screw on. I want it to be sturdy.

I seen some locking armrests for the samurai's i wonder if they would fit with a slight modification

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 11:13:39 AM »
There is a guy local to me that builds mild to wild Sami’s, and putting sidekick seats into a Sami is something he does very regularly, and I think it is pretty simple.
1995 Sidekick JLX
16v 5 spd, milled head, LROR Stage 2 clutch
2" Spacer lift, XL7 rear springs,  2nd Gen front springs, W-Body GM Struts on front
OEM ROOF RACK!!!