Hello Guest

Projector headlight mod

• 3 Replies

Offline Serious

Projector headlight mod
« on: November 11, 2012, 07:48:00 PM »
After the rebuild had ti make the new Sammy different so I fit projector headlights into the old headlight pockets,

Offline Capt

• LIFT IT ! .......Fat Chicks CAN'T JUMP !!
Re: Projector headlight mod
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 08:19:09 AM »
A great Idea to the "Ever Yellowing" OEM lights, (They never burn out, just turn more Yellow!)
My 2 bits, paint the old buckets flat black to look like the old "Black Out" Military lights.

CAPT

Offline crewcabrob

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 08:36:22 AM »
What did you suround the projector with?  I would love to see some close ups.

Rob
92 Sami, OME YJ SPUA, 15x10 Ultra wheels, 32x11.5x15 MTR/k, Corbeau Moab seats, Shrockworks bumpers and tank skid, Mighty Kong, 6.5:1 gears, hi-rock rails, Bushwacker 6" flares, Rampage tinted top, Grant wheel, Truck-lites LED head lights, PIAA LED driving lights, MOAB Husker Spirit license plate

Offline Serious

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 11:05:04 PM »
I did paint the head light pockets black but I needed some contrast. There was just too much black on the front end. So silver they went. The lights are out of a reightliner truck that are made by Hella.  I'm sure that they were put in numerous comercial transport vehicals. They use a H11 bulb or you could put a H9. I made the inserts and just tack welded them to the origonal pockets. Made sure 10 times that they were straight and then painted. Will be converting to HID Dec 25. lol