Offline r3cc0s

Rims w/ the right offset?
« on: September 16, 2007, 10:31:39 PM »
15" or 16" rims

will get a 2" body lift kit from Masterkit1

wanting tires
either way... can't find rims with less than 3.75" backspacing
so
if I go with a 15x8 w/ 31x10.5 rims, will I still get wheel rubs?

or if I go skinny running 16x8's (same bsing) running 235/85/16s will I also run into the same problem?

what do you guys run? or just deal with the wheel rub?
03' 2.0L CAMI Tracker w/ 1.5" Front Spacers, 2" Rear Spacers, 1 & 1/4" poly-rubber rear spacer w/ hose clamps, Monroe Crown Vic interceptor rear shocks,1/4" bumpstop extenders, 1.5" strut Extenders, removal of sway bar and strut bar + plenty of cutting for 245/75/16 Goodyear MTRs

Offline r3cc0s

Re: Rims w/ the right offset?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 09:47:26 PM »
lol
Alrighty

Anyways -- 3" backspacing on 31 or 32" will work on our vehilcles w/ at least 4" lift (either 2" suspension & 2" body etc... or 4" suspension if possible)

Any less than that, and the front steering geomatry, the tire will hit both the frame and fender on full lock
03' 2.0L CAMI Tracker w/ 1.5" Front Spacers, 2" Rear Spacers, 1 & 1/4" poly-rubber rear spacer w/ hose clamps, Monroe Crown Vic interceptor rear shocks,1/4" bumpstop extenders, 1.5" strut Extenders, removal of sway bar and strut bar + plenty of cutting for 245/75/16 Goodyear MTRs

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 06:13:08 AM »
I was going to reply to this the other day and then the forum went wonky.

What's the backspacing on the stock Tracker 15" wheels?

I wouldn't run anything wider than a 7" wide tire on a 235.  You wouldn't have much sidewall bulge between the rim and tread on a 9.5" wide tire mounted on a 7" wide rim.

There are several companies that make special backspacing wheels.  I also know that if you go to www.summitracing.com 's catalog you can look at the wheels and then search through them based upon their width, bolt pattern, and backspacing.  There's a lot of options in the Suzuki 5x5.5" bolt pattern.

Getting sick of those 245 MTR's already?

wezeles

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 02:34:32 PM »
your tracker rims come stock as 5 x 5.5 lug pattern 15 and 16 diameter  6 and 7 inches wide back spacing is 3.75 i think for both 15 and 16 not possative... im gonna test fit a set of ford f150 1995 rims on my tomorrow when i toss the lift in... all f 150 rims will fit up to 96 i believe it is... same with newer model dodge trucks and a few others use the same lug patter... the thing you have to keep an eye out for is the center hub... they are huge on the zuks and not always the case with the others... so if you dont want to dump a ton of cash just research the stock rims off set and width i would say stick with the f 150 easy to find in any junk yard or swap meet and alot of nice looking stock rims... see what kinda off set they offer for a cheep option if not i know rocky road offers them for decent prices for wider rims and backspaces of every size

http://www.rocky-road.com/wheels.html
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 03:04:21 PM by wezeles »

wezeles

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 02:36:14 PM »
i would say stick with the 15 inch rims though tires are the same price if not cheeper and you have a wider range of options for tires in most cases... and you do get the extra rubber with them...

wezeles

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 07:21:17 AM »
i didnt get any pics cause the ford rims i used had 33's on them and it fit on but couldnt lower it down onto the tire because all i did was the 2 inch suspension...but the back spacing was atleast an extra 2 inches... and the hubs where the right diameter so it would work, but you would need enough lift to be able to clear the fenders with these... so 2 inch suspension and 2 inch body you could probably run the ford rims with 31's.... just 2 inch suspension, or just 2 inch body and they would fit but you would be rubbing the fenders when it flexes and most likely still have to trim.... so kinda defeats the purpose unless you have enough lift... my buddys a ford truck guru and says the stock "premium rims" came in mostly 15 and 16 inch rims and anyware from 7-10 inches wide and had a range of off sets depending on each model year  f150... but the f150 kept the 5.5 bolt patter from start of production till 1996 so there is alot to choose from... and all came with a full size spare... so that would be a cheep and easy way to find rims that fit with a larger off set

wezeles

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 03:19:41 PM »
tryed another set of ford rims 1995 style they had a 2.25 back spacing  "ruler guess" they were 32 11.5 15 wangler mtr's and they cleared fine in the back with slight rubbing in the front... my suspension lift is maybe 2.5.... full flex in the rear was fine it just cleared the fenders and tucked in... the front the only issue i had was locked and it was the same effect i had before the lift just hitting the frame barley not enough to damage anything... just be annoying... with the lift obviously i lost a little of the front width so i would guess with just some spacers and a little inner  fender pounding that this style ford rim is the best bet for big tires with not alot of lift... so far from what ive seen the jeeps and dodge's with the same bolt pattern also have the same off set so it wouldnt help most of them even after market seem to be 3.75 backspacing... your gonna want 2.5 or smaller for 31's or 32's unless you wanna chop it up just be carful of the width of the tire... these barley fit not sure if im gonna buy them yet something as small as a branch or rock at full art. would probably beat up the fender if it got up in there.... but with a body lift i dont see it being that big of a problem