Hello Guest

Transfer case shifter extension mod

• 3 Replies

Spokerider

Transfer case shifter extension mod
« on: September 12, 2007, 07:35:14 AM »
I'm installing a Calmini 3" BL in a '91 Tracker. 

Wondering where is the best place to weld in the transfer case shifter 3" extension piece, at the top, as per Calmini instructions, or, to cut the shaft and weld it in at the base? If you're familiar with what the shifter looks like, you'll recall there is a bend to it, at the base......

Looking to minimize clearance issues / troubles.

Figured I ask before I do the deed.

Spokerider

Re: Transfer case shifter extension mod
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 10:34:45 AM »
OK,
I just welded it in at the base. Works well.

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 08:59:26 AM »
Just leave it the way it is. Take your transfer case shift boot and flip it over so its down into the floor. You might have to bend the shifter to clear the sheet metal when it's in 2 wheel position. If you extend it up you will have to get another boot, because it(The stock one) will not move far enough for the longer travel.

Offline blacknight

• Gonzookin
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 07:26:36 AM »
Just leave it the way it is. Take your transfer case shift boot and flip it over so its down into the floor. You might have to bend the shifter to clear the sheet metal when it's in 2 wheel position. If you extend it up you will have to get another boot, because it(The stock one) will not move far enough for the longer travel.

My works just fine with the 2" extention.  Which by the way was cut and added at the bottom of the shifter as Spokerider did.

George