Hello Guest

SR CUSTOMS/MUD CHILD = Awesome lift for my GV.

• 8 Replies

Offline hcgalvin

• Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.
    • Granite Path
SR CUSTOMS/MUD CHILD = Awesome lift for my GV.
« on: October 18, 2011, 12:31:26 PM »
I just wanted to create this post to share my experience with SR CUSTOM's 2" suspension lift kit.

Simply - it's perfect.

I originally ordered just the strut spacers and the panhard bar relocation bracket, but I ended up with the whole kit due to some incorrect parts I had at home.

Communication was great the whole time - and the parts are flawless.

So for the kit:

My spring spacers, and my strut bar spacers are TURNED BILLET ALUMINUM. They are gorgeous. I have had several compliments on this lift kit.

This kit includes the panhard bar relocation bracket, and the proportioning valve extension. These things are important, and they're right in the kit!

His strut spacers are powdercoated steel. They too are very strong. I went with this set up (strut spacers and strut bar extensions) because I like things beefy. Just putting an extension on the end of my strut piston rod wasn't enough for me.

To complete his kit I added some 2" lift springs for the rear that I had at home, as well as some Rancho 5158's. The Ranchos were perfect, all I had to do was steal the bolt sleeves off my OEM shocks. With this set up, I did not have to modify any brake clips or brake lines.

I will get some pictures of the spacers installed later, I'm at work and I just wanted to praise this company. You often hear bad word of mouth - here's some good.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 12:38:51 PM by hcgalvin »
Heather Galvin
2005 GV with Zuki Nation 4.5" Lift.
Sidekick's gone... Still have Bob's Knob.

Re: SR CUSTOMS/MUD CHILD = Awesome lift for my GV.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 03:05:25 PM »
Thats a nice looking GV Heather. 

Offline crewcabrob

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 06:32:15 PM »
It looks really nice. 

You will have to comment on the Bighorns.  I had them for 30 days on my GV and had to swap them out for something quieter.  I thought they were great tires except for the noise.

Rob
92 Sami, OME YJ SPUA, 15x10 Ultra wheels, 32x11.5x15 MTR/k, Corbeau Moab seats, Shrockworks bumpers and tank skid, Mighty Kong, 6.5:1 gears, hi-rock rails, Bushwacker 6" flares, Rampage tinted top, Grant wheel, Truck-lites LED head lights, PIAA LED driving lights, MOAB Husker Spirit license plate

Offline crewcabrob

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 06:39:31 PM »
I just read your post on the other thread.

I've had  the old MTRs on a previous truck.  The were much quieter than the Bighorns.  My brother has the new MTRs in 35/12.5/17, they are much quieter too.

Price was sure right on the Bighorns, my new Goodyear Duratracs were almost double.  They make only a fraction of the noise the Bighorns made.  I sure wanted the Bighorns to work, I tried everything I could think of to quiet them down.

Your GV looks great

Rob
92 Sami, OME YJ SPUA, 15x10 Ultra wheels, 32x11.5x15 MTR/k, Corbeau Moab seats, Shrockworks bumpers and tank skid, Mighty Kong, 6.5:1 gears, hi-rock rails, Bushwacker 6" flares, Rampage tinted top, Grant wheel, Truck-lites LED head lights, PIAA LED driving lights, MOAB Husker Spirit license plate

Offline MUD CHILD

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 09:47:54 AM »
Thanks Heather! Your GV looks great! e mail me a couple pictures and I will put it up on the web site if you don't mind.
NO DITCH TO DEEP NO HILL TO STEEP

http://srcustoms.ca/

Offline hcgalvin

• Granite Path
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 10:03:47 AM »
I'll be sure to get a couple of good ones this weekend, we're going back up in the mountains. Thanks again.
Heather Galvin

Offline hcgalvin

• Granite Path
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 09:34:44 AM »
Here's some pictures from my phone of the spacers installed.

Sorry the truck's a little dirty... going back out hunting tonight for the weekend... figured why wash it.  ::)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 09:36:44 AM by hcgalvin »
Heather Galvin

Offline bush buster

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 09:54:34 AM »
Yeah the truck looks awesome.  And good luck hunting!  I got my buck last week (drove my vitara through a clearcut to go pick it up who needs a quad?)...im after moose now.
(FOR SALE, drop me a line) '01 Vitara 2.0, 2" suspension lift, 2" body lift, 31x10.5x15 Interco TRXUS MT's on ford truck turbine rims, 1" wheel spacers, manual hubs, 5125 gears (Sidekick rear and GV steel front). DD/bushmobile "Snowflake"

'06 Impreza - Wife's ride and road tripper

1975 Dodge 360 Sportsman 1 ton van chassis with a 21' Triple E Class C motorhome

Offline hcgalvin

• Granite Path
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »
Yeah the truck looks awesome.  And good luck hunting!  I got my buck last week (drove my vitara through a clearcut to go pick it up who needs a quad?)...im after moose now.

Yeah, I hope we get lucky! We drew cow elk tags this year - and the same zone has regular deer at the same time.  ;D

Yeah I agree, who needs a quad. I've thought that as long as I've been into these suzukis. I mean, really. I've got a small enough vehicle, I'm enclosed so I can choose to stay out of the dust and I won't get rained on, I have a/c, heat, AND I can drive it home! Around here quads aren't allowed to leave trails anyway... so.. really... what's the point?

Well, even if I get some fresh grouse on the trail to eat at camp that would be sweet.
Heather Galvin