Hello Guest

Pillar gauge pods?

• 3 Replies

Offline Rally_T-115

Pillar gauge pods?
« on: February 11, 2007, 09:12:53 PM »
Anyone know if there are any pillar gauge pods made for my '99 Grand Vitara?  Id like to find a 2 or 3 gauge pod.  My previous vehicle (a turbocharged dodge caravan) had speedo, tach, fuel, temp, oil pressure, volt, and boost.  The GranVit only has speedo, tach, fuel and temp.  I really miss the other gauges, and being a mechanic I take a keen interest in the well being of my "baby". 

I am particularly interested in monitoring my oil pressure during the course of the day and I like to see how my alternator is doing especially if I am loading it up with full heater fan and defrost etc.  And, if a 3 gauge pillar pod is available, even though it isn't turbo, I'd like to have a vacuum gauge so i can keep an eye on engine load.  I remember the boost gauge in my old minivan sure helped make quick diagnosis that my catalytic converter had melted because I had no vacuum at idle and would not make boost when I accelerated!  It also helped me keep my foot out of it and preserve my fuel economy.

Thanks

James
1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara.
No lift or bigger tires intended.
Warn hubs. Air-SOTF circumvented.
Aftermarket4x4 front skid & fuel tank skid.  RRO Rockrails.
Waiting for: trans crossmember upgrade & skid. Contemplating: ARB rear locker.

Offline HotRod

• 95 Tracker
    • cardomain.
Re: Pillar gauge pods?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 09:33:50 PM »
Aren't some of the sets a generic fit?
95 2dr Geo Tracker with Calmini 6"inch combo lift, 32'inch BFGs M/Tlocked and loaded--D.D is my 06 Racy RED Aerio SX AWD

Offline 97TRAKIN

• Suzuki in Chevy clothing.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 04:56:17 PM »
Aren't some of the sets a generic fit?
MOST of them ARE generic. 

Offline Rally_T-115

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 11:13:32 AM »
Actually I am looking for something that'll give a clean, factory look.  Don't really want to be screwing generic pods into the pillar, I was hoping there was something that would just replace the whole a-pillar molding, I guess.
1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara.
No lift or bigger tires intended.
Warn hubs. Air-SOTF circumvented.
Aftermarket4x4 front skid & fuel tank skid.  RRO Rockrails.
Waiting for: trans crossmember upgrade & skid. Contemplating: ARB rear locker.