Hello Guest

Painted My Wheels! Looking GOOD

• 8 Replies

Painted My Wheels! Looking GOOD
« on: September 16, 2007, 02:25:30 PM »
Just painted my wheels last week...sand blasted the wheels my self and painted them..all with out taking the tires of  ;D ;D ;D

here it is before

And here it is after..Looking brutal :P

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
Re: Painted My Wheels! Looking GOOD
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 05:40:45 PM »
Looks good man.  God I love the way that thing sits.  The wife would kill me if I put tires that big on the XL7...it's the only vehicle she can get into easily.

Are those aluminum or steel?  If aluminum, what did you have to do to get the paint to stick?

Offline HotRod

• 95 Tracker
    • cardomain.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 05:49:34 PM »
looks Great.
Now the tires look BIGGER
95 2dr Geo Tracker with Calmini 6"inch combo lift, 32'inch BFGs M/Tlocked and loaded--D.D is my 06 Racy RED Aerio SX AWD

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 06:49:51 PM »
Looks good man.  God I love the way that thing sits.  The wife would kill me if I put tires that big on the XL7...it's the only vehicle she can get into easily.

Are those aluminum or steel?  If aluminum, what did you have to do to get the paint to stick?

They are aluminum.

First I sandblasted them. That gave them a rough finish wich helps the primer alot to stick. Then I used a Primer/filler and then the black color and then two clear coats...And it sticks very well...so far  ;D  ;D  ;D

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 06:51:02 PM »
Thank You guys!

They are aluminum.

First I sandblasted them. That gave them a rough finish wich helps the primer alot to stick. Then I used a Primer/filler and then the black color and then two clear coats...And it sticks very well...so far  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 06:53:51 PM »
Cool.  Use any particular brand of primer, paint, or clear coat for this?  I know there's a few that are specifically for painting aluminum wheels.

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 07:27:15 PM »
No I didnt..A friend of mine who is a car painter said that would stick very well...We will just see in next months when the salting starts on the streets here in Reykjavik :)

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 07:28:30 PM »
Keep us updated! 8)

Offline benzr2

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 09:32:00 PM »
It definately looks bigger! As long as you have a feww coats of clear it should hold up to the salt, unless they use chemicals in the salt then you may have problems.
2001 Tracker ZR2 235/75/15 ATs       1987 Samurai Tin Top     New Project!!