Hello Guest

Panhard bar, and extended rear brake line

• 2 Replies

Offline beercheck

• Go Cards!
    • trivia-nights.com
Panhard bar, and extended rear brake line
« on: June 16, 2006, 01:24:06 PM »
Anybody got a line on a custom, preferably adjustable Panhard bar that will fit my '03?  While the bar lengths on the XL-7 and the Tracker were identical, the XL-7 rear axle now installed in the Tracker is offset about 3/4" to the driver's side.  Evidentally, the bar mounts on the axle and frame were slightly different on the bigger truck.  So, either I find a place to shorten my bar, or I attempt to make it adjustable, or I find myself a nice aftermarket bar....which is by far my preference.

Also.....does anyone sell extended brake lines for the section that connects the rear axle to the chassis? 
'03 ZR2 2dr Tracker, '02 XL-7 drivetrain and electrcs
XL-7 front coils
1.5" rear coil spacers
Monroe 32316 shocks w/2" extenders
235/70-16 Bridgestone Destination A/Ts on stock XL-7 Alloys RRO Rock Rails (Presently removed, as they rusted to all hell; all the bolts were rusted to dust.  Real nice, RRO...) http://www.trivia-nights.com

Offline truckasaurus44

• I'm a new world Samurai & a Redneck nonetheless!
Re: Panhard bar, and extended rear brake line
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 03:31:16 PM »
I would recommend moving the mount on the axle in order to get it where you need it to be.  It'll require some welding, but will also keep the geometry and travel of the bar in stock form.  Shortening the bar could cause increased side drift as the suspension cycles.

Offline JDMCRX

• 02 Grand Vitra Pimp lol
Re: Panhard bar, and extended rear brake line
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 10:52:46 PM »
IM gonna be looking at making some drop brackets for the rear pan hard bar problem is when u lift the truck the axle gets moved to the rear. I notice it now when i hit big bumps the ass the truck to the right.

01 GRAND VITARA

JBAUTO LONGTUBE HEADERS AND 2.5" JBAUTO EXHAUST

New project H27 in the GV goal 200 Wheel Horse Power  JPB 1.75"front 2" rear Grand Vitra lifts  www.jbauto.ca[/url]