Hello Guest

New Here

• 33 Replies

wezeles

New Here
« on: September 15, 2007, 07:04:21 AM »
hey guys just picked up a  2 door 99 tracker 2.0 5 speed 4x4, really just picked it up for gas millage and the cheep 4x4 for living in michigan... but when i found out how cheep it is to mod and how solid of a 4x4 it is now im just in love with it... not alot done to it yet k&n filter optima battery and some cooper private brand 235 75 15 mud terrain tires... i was planning on a little lift 1.5-3 inches on suspension but nothing more its still a daily driver for now what do you guys recomend? new springs, spacers a combo of both? i dont want a harder ride softer if possibal, ive been going twards http://www.boondoxmotorsports.com/ kit because of how the spacer is shaped to fit the coil of the spring and because its of good grade material... 

future mods include limited slip in the rear, manual lockers for the front, headers and exhaust? do they make them for the 2.0 yet or am i going to have to make a custom one? anyways thanks guys give me some pointers

dave

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
Re: New Here
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 08:13:51 AM »
Looks good man.  What part of MI?

Lock the rear and leave the front alone.  That'll get you through 90% of what Michigan has to offer that's doable for street driven vehicles.

Those are good spacers that Boondox sells but the problem is you get more lift from the front due to the geometry of the suspension.  So 1.5" spacers in the rear give you 1.5" while 1.5" spacers in the front are more like 2".
Spacers can be a bitch to install though.  You definitely need coil spring compressors.

If you want a good ride consider Old Man Emu's coil spring lifts.  Famous for their nice ride and flex.  Also famous for not being cheap.

wezeles

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 04:08:46 PM »
thanks ill consider that, i took it out to the local bog today pics should be up soon it made it through just about everything the mod bog had to offer was going up to the windshield and still plowing through it all in 4 low and 2nd gear like it wasnt a problem, very impressed with the cooper cheep O tires so far, did get hung up on the frame on a wooded trail though, usually only sees large trucks with 36 and bigger tires and mine fit right in the ruts of there old tracks laying it flat on the frame, thought i broke the exhuast but the collector are the spring style and was just pushed up... all in all im pretty impressed i think a couple more inches of suspension is all i need for this area, no real rocks to climb

Offline jeff1997

• Suzuki: A Jeep thing only cheaper!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 08:47:44 PM »
I'll sell you 2-1.5" spacers for the front and 2-2" spacers for the rear for $80 shipped to the US or $85 to Canada. My sets only come with the coil spacers and not the strut spacers or new rear shocks. I you want to see pics of my spacers go to ebay under seller name: hoepkers. I've sold 140+ sets with no unhappy users, all the guys on here seem to be happy with them. If you are interested let me know at: hoepkers|removethispart|@charter.net. Welcome to the madness that is zukiworld.
1997 4dr. Sidekick Sport 1.8L DOHC
2" coil spacers- I make and sell 1.5" and 2" on e-bay.  Look under seller: hoepkers
3" Masterkit1 body lift
Custom strut spacers
31/11.50/16 Super Swamper LTB's w/1.5" wheel spacers Steel bumpers Custom cold air intake 2" exhaust w/cherry bomb 98 Expedition, 2" lift, 35's, Magnaflow exhaust - BIG BLUE

wezeles

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 08:53:52 PM »
that looks good to me, let me just look around a bit the shocks are no big deal but i would like to find the 1.5 strut extenders to do it up proper, ill try to get back at you monday...

Offline jeff1997

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 06:27:37 AM »
You may try to contact museboy07, he had a set of strut spacers for sale or find out where he got them. No hurry, I have the spacers in stock and can ship anytime.
2" coil spacers- I make and sell 1.5" and 2" on e-bay.  Look under seller: hoepkers
3" Masterkit1 body lift
Custom strut spacers
31/11.50/16 Super Swamper LTB's w/1.5" wheel spacers Steel bumpers Custom cold air intake 2" exhaust w/cherry bomb 98 Expedition, 2" lift, 35's, Magnaflow exhaust - BIG BLUE

wezeles

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 08:03:22 AM »
well i know http://www.boondoxmotorsports.com/ sells them i just havent been able to get ahold of him, bitsforvits on ebay has some great sets but he is way over in the uk... so ill look around id like to get the lift started by next weekend if i can get the parts

Offline biker

• It's a sickness I tell ya
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 08:13:02 AM »
I got a set of extensions from BDS directly, give them a call as they may still have some
94 Kick with bigger tires
99 Vitara 2wd
10 Gr Vitara

Offline jeff1997

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 11:31:45 AM »
wezeles, I can for sure get the spacers to you by the weekend if I ship by Tuesday. That all depends on where you are of course. SO where are you??
3" Masterkit1 body lift
Custom strut spacers

wezeles

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 03:55:30 PM »
michigan, fort gratiot  north of detroit about 100 miles.... middle of the thumb if you wanna hold your hand up..lol right where michigan and ontario meet

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2007, 05:35:54 PM »
Gotcha.  Mom's from the tip of the Thumb and dad's from Dearborn Heights.  Familiar with the region.

Offline jeff1997

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2007, 07:44:57 PM »
Cool should only take 3-4 days to get there.
3" Masterkit1 body lift
Custom strut spacers

wezeles

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 09:16:46 PM »
havent tracked down the strut spacers yet but drop me a line wezeles|removethispart|@hotmail.com with your paypal info and all that and ill try to get them from you tomorrow...

JayInBarrie

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 08:40:39 AM »
I'm a newbie too.
Two months ago I put on spacers.  The original shocks and struts had to be ground off.  Ended up rushing out and buying new shocks and struts, but not the ones I would have prefered.
Take a good look before you start.  You don't want to have to buy something now, what you're thinking of replacing later.

I've looked and have not yet found a Header for the 2L.  If you find one that doe's not effect pollution control let me know.
I've had a new 2" exhaust put on from the cat on back.  Noticed the change, now I have to be doing at minimum 100km/hr (60m/hr?!) in 5th gear without the rpm dropping to low.  The wife and kid don't seem too impressed with the increase in noise.  It's still the FAMILY vehicle, so long trips are hard on the ears.  I'll be looking for a new muffler or adding a resonator/2nd muffler.