Hello Guest

Getting back to the ole Tracker... and the milestones :P

• 19 Replies

Offline r3cc0s

Re: Getting back to the ole Tracker... and the milestones :P
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 02:29:12 AM »
recieved & installed the parts from bits4vits...
quality was 2nd to none, and the install was simple & intuitive...

The shock relocator is a very cool concept, and I think with the geomatry of the way the axel drops, w/ the added extended lenght of longer shocks really does reduce most of the binding.

The ONLY thing that I might have a concern is, is with this:

I purchased the Rancho 5158's and to use them right, I had to use these relocators... those poor things on the stock perch was actuality using the body of the shock itself as the fricken bumpstop! Now I've been able to regain the compression that it should've had... jeeze, should've gone w/ the pro-comps or omes

Anyways, need a question answered if you guys may...
Installed a 1.5" bumpstop extention, the shock relocator also adds 1.5" (which really extends the shock now to 14.5 compressed from 13" & 22.375 extended)
I am HOPING that I will not bottom on my shock, but not sure if anyone can say yes or no, as I really don't know how much the Stock bumpstop stopped relative to the stock shock (compressed |removethispart||removethispart||removethispart||removethispart|@ 11.5)

basically the math says: stock compressed shock length is 11.5"
I have a shock that has a 13" compressed length and threw in an extra 1.5" which = 14.5, 3" longer when compressed than stock.... and I only increased the bumpstop by 1.5"...
Boy I hope that this isn't a problem & that the shock relocator can pivot to return some of the loss of compression length.

Oh & the only reason why the rear coil just don't pop out, is cause I'm running more than just a 2" rear coil spacer and it remains "just" under load by literially a cm or 2 (which means a total extended of 22.375)

& also does that mean, driveshaft spacers too? heh

bzzr2  might just have to take you up on that one... (then again will your skid bolt onto a non-existant bumper?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 02:41:56 AM by r3cc0s »
03' 2.0L CAMI Tracker w/ 1.5" Front Spacers, 2" Rear Spacers, 1 & 1/4" poly-rubber rear spacer w/ hose clamps, Monroe Crown Vic interceptor rear shocks,1/4" bumpstop extenders, 1.5" strut Extenders, removal of sway bar and strut bar + plenty of cutting for 245/75/16 Goodyear MTRs

Offline r3cc0s

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 09:49:17 PM »
Sooo... after doing some tests

I don't have a 100% setup after all :(

Looks like I should look for some different shocks as the shocks will bottom maybe just a 1/16" before it touches the bumpstop.. (the bumpstop extention would be perfect if the rancho's actuality fit the stock perches :P)

Anyways... might be e-150 shocks, they're cheap enough OR... if these Rancho's are strong enough to take the abuse, I'll use the Foam bumpstop addon's for them instead? Probably not the best idea, but there is just one other thing I can't 100% confirm...

Do my springs actuality coil-out before I hit either the bumpstop or bottom out my shock? not sure...

Also, seeing how I have some HUGE extention with the 1.5" relocator + the stock lenght of the Ranchos, I'm thinking that a diff spacer is also in my midst

Only other problem is, I'm getting some noise from the tranny which is just shitty :P
It makes a noise while in neutral, which is probably an input shaft or throwout bearing... As I've just replaced my cluch about a year back, I really don't wanna overhaul it...
I'm thinking of some lucas additives, but can't get the damned filler plug to open w/ a 3/8th extention + breakre
03' 2.0L CAMI Tracker w/ 1.5" Front Spacers, 2" Rear Spacers, 1 & 1/4" poly-rubber rear spacer w/ hose clamps, Monroe Crown Vic interceptor rear shocks,1/4" bumpstop extenders, 1.5" strut Extenders, removal of sway bar and strut bar + plenty of cutting for 245/75/16 Goodyear MTRs

Offline IanL

• You know the answer - DIY :-)
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 02:11:50 AM »
Only other problem is, I'm getting some noise from the tranny which is just shitty :P
It makes a noise while in neutral, which is probably an input shaft or throwout bearing...

Throwout bearing sounds when the clutch is pressed.  If it sounds when the clutch is released, it will be the input shaft.  Most input shafts make some noise when you listen, but they just keep rolling along, so it depends how bad the noise is.
'98 GV V6, '96 X-90 with RRO 2.5" lift and 195/80 R15, '93 Cappuccino.

Offline r3cc0s

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 09:02:57 AM »
It makes a noise while in neutral, which is probably an input shaft or throwout bearing...

Throwout bearing sounds when the clutch is pressed.  If it sounds when the clutch is released, it will be the input shaft.  Most input shafts make some noise when you listen, but they just keep rolling along, so it depends how bad the noise is.

The noise isn't bad, but its a constant sound like a dryer turning.... Not a whirring but a turning

that's where I'm going to try to see if lucas can mitigate this to prevent further wear?

Offline r3cc0s

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2010, 08:47:39 AM »
Yea there is just no way I can use the Rancho's with the shock relocator and no way to use the rancho's right off the axel as the perch is too close to the axel housing

I'm going to just have to order a thinner tube'd shock or a shorter shock... so back to the grind to find a proper one, but there goes a $160 :P

|removethispart|@ full extention, the prop shaft just about falls out which is a big problem, and a drive shaft spacer won't help because its not lifted that much, its just that the axel can now extend that much

I used some Seafoam in the engine (crankcase) for about 800km and ran it through the intake manifold through a vacuum hose along with half a bottle worth in a full tank

It is amazing! No more cold weather ticking, and the engine feels so much healthier and smoother... I am not one for snake oil solutions but this is tangable.

I've since ran through the tank of gas and replaced the oil with some good 5-30 synth & about .4 liters of lucas and the engine responds and runs like she's new.

Now onto the trans bearings (throwout & release) and my rear shocks :P