Hello Guest

Track-Vit Front strut questions

• 4 Replies

Offline truckasaurus44

• I'm a new world Samurai & a Redneck nonetheless!
Track-Vit Front strut questions
« on: June 08, 2006, 09:03:44 AM »
My struts are pretty worn out  and seeing as I'm going to be doing a mild lift soon, I figure its time to put some new ones in.  OME isn't going to fit in my budget right now.  Who makes the stiffest/toughest struts for the 2nd gen trackers? 

I've heard that the Track-Vit struts are the same as Track-Kick ones?  Are they a straight bolt on swap?  That my open up a couple more options.  I know Pro-Comp makes a lift for Track-kicks, so they may make a strut to sell with said lift kit, which would work out great, seeing as I was going to toss pro-comp shocks in the rear of my tracker.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Offline the_maplebar

Re: Track-Vit Front strut questions
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 09:43:54 AM »
Yes, struts are the same.  Not sure if you can find the ProComp kit anymore, I thought they stopped selling it.

I have heard good things about the KYB GR2's, and around $50 is a lot more appealing than the OME's.

http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=12159.0
2002 4DR Tracker V6 ZR2.... 1.5"/2" coil spacers front/rear, BDS Strut Extensions, 235/75R15 Cooper STT... They ROCK!!!
http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=35.msg111575#msg111575[/url]

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 06:33:59 PM »
I *think* you can still get the ProComp front struts ment for their Track/Kick lift kit.  However I can't say if they'd work with our GV's and a coil spacer lift.  I've never seen how their lift kit worked.

I'm sticking with my OEM KYB's (yep, I was surprised when I saw the engraving in the side of them this weekend) and BDS strut extenders.  Should work nicely.  When they need replacement I'll likely just get some more KYB's...unless Bilstein makes struts for these? ???

Offline JDMCRX

• 02 Grand Vitra Pimp lol
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 11:57:03 PM »
KYB GR-2s hands down bang for the buck
01 GRAND VITARA

JBAUTO LONGTUBE HEADERS AND 2.5" JBAUTO EXHAUST

New project H27 in the GV goal 200 Wheel Horse Power  JPB 1.75"front 2" rear Grand Vitra lifts  www.jbauto.ca[/url]

Offline truckasaurus44

• I'm a new world Samurai & a Redneck nonetheless!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 03:59:44 PM »
OK, you sold me.  A set of KYB front and Procomp rear shocks are on the way.  So are the  BDS strut extenders, camber bolts and a 1.5" spacer kit.  Now I've just gotta dig out those 235/75R15 AT's I've got layin around.