Hello Guest

Incredibly technical - floor mats with an actual tall lip around the edge?

• 5 Replies

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
So thanks to nprecon I own a '02 Chevy Tracker 4 door. 8)  I'm kitting it out a bit and am looking for some floor mats I used to own.

Several years ago I bought a set of rubber/vinyl molded floor mats for my ex and I's '03 GV.  They were gray and had a very definite lip that ran around the perimeter of the front footwells.  None of that small tiny hump BS that a lot of the makers call a lip.  Now I can't find them anywhere.  She's my ex and took the '02 XL7 they ended up in so I don't have access to them anymore.  I think the brand name had "Xtreme" or something like that in it?

Sound familiar to anyone?  JCWhitney shows nothing similar.

I dunno if this helps at all but here's a similar product I have in my older Chevy Blazer:
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/bzc/full.aspx?Page=102
It's on the bottom of the page.  Notice the actual taller lip around the edges.

Offline nprecon

• ONWARD... through the fog!
Nice truck AJM!!! I bought the "Forever Black" bumper die off of these guys and they carry "custom" floor carpets and mats.  They carry a whole bunch of high-end products most of which I cannot afford, but are cool just the same.

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/cargo-liners/weathertech-cargo-liners.cfm
'02 Chezuki Tracker with a 2 Liter and 5spd.  It works for me!!!

Offline mike5721947

what your thinking about as far as i can tell is husky liners. they make a couple different styles with both ribs throughout the mat with the tall outer lip and ones with no ribbing just a big floor pan section. although i looked and i don't see that they make any that fit your truck. there is another company that makes a similar product but the name isn't coming to mind. i do truck accessory installations so i know the mats your talking about...
1990 Suzuki sidekick 2Dr Conv.
385,000 km and still going strong.
31" kumhos 3inchs of lift.

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
Yes it is nprecon.  Sexy little beast.
I think AutoSport is where I got them back in 2005 or whenever it was.  Not there though.

Summit Racing has them:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NPI-406502/

Not cheap but they're great because they have that actual inch or so tall edge, not some little bump.  Always kept the carpets dry in Northern Michigan winters.

Offline bush buster

I got some from Partsource here in Canada. They had them in stock.
(FOR SALE, drop me a line) '01 Vitara 2.0, 2" suspension lift, 2" body lift, 31x10.5x15 Interco TRXUS MT's on ford truck turbine rims, 1" wheel spacers, manual hubs, 5125 gears (Sidekick rear and GV steel front). DD/bushmobile "Snowflake"

'06 Impreza - Wife's ride and road tripper

1975 Dodge 360 Sportsman 1 ton van chassis with a 21' Triple E Class C motorhome

Offline z3ro

Re: Incredibly technical - floor mats with an actual tall lip around the edge?
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 01:09:03 PM »
Weathertech makes mats like that as well.  I run them in my Navigator and they are the best investment I ever made.  Not cheap but highly effective.