Hello Guest

Auto to Manual Hubs

• 8 Replies

Offline Beeblebooble

• Yes it is a 4x4, and it will climb that curb!
Auto to Manual Hubs
« on: September 07, 2010, 04:28:06 PM »
I am having a hard time finding the correct Manual Hubs for my 2000 tracker. There are a few people here that have used ones that dont sound like they work very well, I know they are used but for my daily driver I would like some that work.  I have priced out Warn hubs but $200 is kinda steep I think.  Any ideas..I asked Milemarker and they want some specs I dont have and they say they dont have any.  Any help or ideas?

2000 Chevy Tracker
58k, 2"lift with 235's

Offline 99lifted

Re: Auto to Manual Hubs
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 06:23:25 PM »
i just put some 96 tracker manual hubs on my 1999 vitara, they lock in and out perfect and bolt right on, it took me 5min for both sides, make sure you get the 96-98 because they have the 26 spline count that you need.
1999 2Dr vitara mods on the way

Offline bush buster

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 07:24:44 PM »
I got the Superwinch hubs.  I've had them with no problems since february. The only thing is that they tarnish really badly but there's a coating you can get that keeps them shiney. 
(FOR SALE, drop me a line) '01 Vitara 2.0, 2" suspension lift, 2" body lift, 31x10.5x15 Interco TRXUS MT's on ford truck turbine rims, 1" wheel spacers, manual hubs, 5125 gears (Sidekick rear and GV steel front). DD/bushmobile "Snowflake"

'06 Impreza - Wife's ride and road tripper

1975 Dodge 360 Sportsman 1 ton van chassis with a 21' Triple E Class C motorhome

Offline Teniente

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 08:21:50 PM »
I have a 2000 Tracker that had the auto hubs. I called Hawk Suzuki in Oregon and they sent me the correct manual hubs and bolts for about $40 each. Easy to install and they work great
It's five o'clock somewhere!!

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 08:49:36 AM »
Any Tracker/Kick manual hubs will work.  The outers were always 26 spline.
I ran factory Aisin manuals off of a '91 Tracker on the '03 GV I used to own for two years.  They were replaced with Warn Premiums - worth the price.

For the record the 99+ don't have automatic hubs.  They have drive flanges - a solid piece of steel.  The engagement is handled inside the diff.

Offline Beeblebooble

• Yes it is a 4x4, and it will climb that curb!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 09:32:07 AM »
I called Hawk and they want $125 for used factory ones..

Offline bzzr2

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 12:40:08 PM »
you can probably live with the standard warns as opposed to the premiums to save a few bucks and still get a new product.
03-ZR2, 2dr, 31x10.5 SSR's & stuff...--sold :-(
03 xl7, jeff's 2inch spacer lift, 225/75/16's; sold
09 taco reg cab short box 4x4

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 07:44:36 AM »
Any Tracker/Kick manual hubs will work.  The outers were always 26 spline.
I ran factory Aisin manuals off of a '91 Tracker on the '03 GV I used to own for two years.  They were replaced with Warn Premiums - worth the price.
Why?
Curious what you feel the Warns are better since it was my understanding that the factory ones were best.
Or is it just the superwinchs and other off-brands as the ones to avoid?

I called Hawk and they want $125 for used factory ones..

Wow! Inflation is going nuts!
`00 2D 2.0L Auto Tracker, Jeff1997's 2" Coil Lift, Mudchild's 2" Body Lift and 31x10.5R15 General Grabber Competition Tires

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 01:42:55 PM »
The factory hubs are at best 13 years old.  Aisins are nice hubs.  Don't get me wrong.  However by now they're used and abused, maybe rebuilt...even more maybe rebuilt correctly...I've had several sets on several different Trackers that were messed up due to improper maintenance and/or no maintenance.  The set I had on the '03 GV I spent $50 after being told they were in great shape.  They visually appeared decent but the inside looked...well...used and old.  Everything engaged fine and worked so I just installed them and they worked for a year and change.  Then they locked up solid.  Not having the time to remove them and learn how to rebuild them I just sprung for a set of Warn's from Rocky Road.

The Warn's are typical Warn quality.  All metal, no plastic (well, I think the trim might be plastic).  You don't need the special conical washers.  Full 3/4 turn to engage them.  O-RING SEAL (I never could get the Aisins to seal up correctly).  Lastly...THEY WERE NEW WITH A WARRANTY.  No worries about someone's crappy work rebuilding them, using too much or not enough grease, rusted parts, age related wear and tear, etc etc etc.
Also from previous experience across several different vehicle brands (GM, Ford, Suzuki, Toyota, etc) I've yet to see anyone really prove that Warn's got a superior competitor except maybe a NEW Spicer or Aisin hub and good luck finding either for any application anymore.  I've also seen Mile Marker, ProComp, Superwinch, etc's el cheapo hubs fail in a variety of applications in situations that they shouldn't have.  If you make a Warn Premium fail you're either wheeling hard or hitting it directly with something very hard.