Hello Guest

4.5 inch grand vitara suspension lift

• 71 Replies

Offline r3cc0s

Re: 4.5 inch grand vitara suspension lift
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 03:46:54 PM »
technically the 4.5" suspension lift w/ either a huge BL (like 5") or a frame lift would be able to fit those 35"ers on

but yea totally different application

In Canada our wheeling consists of everything.... Mud mud mud, dirt, gravel, snow snow snow, ICE
etc...
requires alot of suspension articulation and grip rather than pure flotation

Though my truck on 35's would look sexy... hrmm..
03' 2.0L CAMI Tracker w/ 1.5" Front Spacers, 2" Rear Spacers, 1 & 1/4" poly-rubber rear spacer w/ hose clamps, Monroe Crown Vic interceptor rear shocks,1/4" bumpstop extenders, 1.5" strut Extenders, removal of sway bar and strut bar + plenty of cutting for 245/75/16 Goodyear MTRs

Offline AJMBLAZER

• Your mom.
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2007, 04:48:25 PM »
Wow, keep us updated!

Offline bzzr2

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2007, 07:57:27 AM »
i have been in contact with a guy who can do a frame drop in the front to gain 6 inches.  suspension can then be left stock or lifted another 2in, in the rear suspension lift and extend all parts to match.  roughly 2500 in parts and labour, so say 3000.  not bad at all..  i just can't say that it would be better than the same money going into a basic SAS since i'd still have the aluminum front diff....  time will tell with this...........

great that your truck is the project truck now!  can't wait to see what comes out of all this!  the rear should be fairly simple to get done, just curious about how the 3rd member issue is going to be addressed in the front and the steering.  obviously these things have been thought of, i'm just jumping the gun as i'd love to get a real 4inch suspension lift in a box that bolts on!
03-ZR2, 2dr, 31x10.5 SSR's & stuff...--sold :-(
03 xl7, jeff's 2inch spacer lift, 225/75/16's; sold
09 taco reg cab short box 4x4

Offline Fredo

• Heavy music and Suzuki 4x4!
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 04:26:59 PM »
-New "A-arm" to relocate the wheel forward by about an inch or so (no added length so stock CV's are fine)

With a separated sidekick's ball joint?
Proud member of the C.A.B.L (coalition against body-lifting) 2002 GV

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2007, 04:33:31 PM »
Well this is going to be a long post ? But I am going to try to show you what was done to fit those 35inch tires under my GV.

Here we have a picture of my front, still original, no calmini, front suspension

Here is a picture of my front suspension raising and you also see how much has been cut

Body lift in front

Here is the body lift in front/middle

Body lift in the back/middle

Suspension lift rear

Here you can see how the body was cut around the shocks on top

Here is the steering extension..is the original?

And here are some pictures that show how much cutting was done

And I have differentials from an automatic wich are lower…and the car is absolutely not slow or heavy on rpm´s
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 04:36:39 PM by Icelandic »

Offline blacknight

• Gonzookin
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2007, 07:21:34 AM »
Icelandic,
From the looks up those pic's.  It look like you just have a 2" body lift and a whole lot of frender cutting to fit these 35" tires.

On a side note I contacted arctictrucks who pointed me to www.samtak.is/Fender%20flares.htm and www.brettakantar.is.  Got an email back from Brettakanta stating to try Samtak but when I try them I get failed email return back. :(  So I don't know if their ISP is blocking Yahoo mail or what. The only two email that I could find for them where snorri|removethispart|@samtak.is  and samtak|removethispart|@samtak.is  So if someone else wants to try.

George

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2007, 08:03:17 AM »
I just called www.samtaka.is they dont have these fender flares... this is getting to be a mistery..

Offline blacknight

• Gonzookin
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2007, 08:31:47 AM »
Guess I will re-email ArticTrucks and push for more info.  as I'm guessing that who did your Zuk.
Also thanks for calling www.samtaka.is

Geogre

Offline ngrover

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2007, 12:01:25 PM »
Anyone got any idea what's going on with this suspension lift from Alberta that I keep reading about. What is going on with this thing and when can we see it?
Any info would be great, thanks

They have their site up and running!

http://www.zukination.com/

I just read their site and found this!!!!  *pasted below*

"98 - 2005 Tracker/Vitara 4� Lift

This lift kit is currently in the research and development stage. As of now we are only working on the 4� lift kit which will contain many of the same traits as the 89-98 Sidekick/Tracker Lift. Being that this suspension utilizes a 5 link rear and rack and pinion steering, it poses its own unique issues when lifted. When we have these issues ironed out and the kit working the way a Zuki Nation kit should (maximizing travel and minimizing bind, all while staying reliable) the kit will be released to the public.

Stay tuned for this exciting new product!"

WOOT WOOT!! If they can pull that of (4 inch lift with not body lift) and it costs roughly the same as the Tracker version ($1099 Canadian) then I'll be in line to get one! Better yet I live in Calgary.... no shipping!

Pic of 4 inch Tracker kit:

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 12:25:52 PM by ngrover »
2000 Suzuki Grand Vitara, 5spd. 2.5 inch lift, 225/75R16 AT's

Offline r3cc0s

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2007, 12:15:38 PM »
So today I brought my Tracker to Zukination

They are creating a pre-runner style tube bumper for me and removing my origional tow point on the front frame. This bumper has a winch mount plate and D rings for my shackles.
In order to save weight, and not have to shim the front coils, I decided on using the tube instead of the anvil style, as this bumper will weigh in only at 35lbs

-I'll post pics soon

In regards to the R&D of the 4" lift for the tracker... it is still in progress
Jeff's solution is to create tough tie-rod extenders (that screw into the stock tie-rod) to adapt to make the lift work
He is planning on everything to be bolt in and packagable shortly

I hope to pans out soon too as my truck is the test truck
03' 2.0L CAMI Tracker w/ 1.5" Front Spacers, 2" Rear Spacers, 1 & 1/4" poly-rubber rear spacer w/ hose clamps, Monroe Crown Vic interceptor rear shocks,1/4" bumpstop extenders, 1.5" strut Extenders, removal of sway bar and strut bar + plenty of cutting for 245/75/16 Goodyear MTRs

Offline Davyboy

• I eat CR-Vs and Rav4s! Mmmmm...yummy little AWDs!
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2007, 12:28:13 PM »
They should blueprint the bumper, so they can make more of 'em.  I would like to get one....only problem is I've got a 99 Grand Vitara (might be some subtle differences in the mounting versus the Tracker), and I've got a two inch body lift (I would need a special bracket or something so there are no gaps).  If they come up with a nice lookin' tube bumper that will fit my bodylifted GV, I'd get it.  At this point, I don't even care about the winch plate, as long as there are a couple of shackles/recovery points.
1999 Grand Vitara w/CALMINI Suspension and RRO Body Lift, 31" Goodyear MTR tires, Skidplates, 5.12 Diffs with a Lock-Right in the rear.

Offline r3cc0s

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2007, 01:04:21 PM »
I'm getting him to do my 2" BL so he's buildling a bracket...
So far he is adiment that the Sky mfg body lifts are by far the best, and he's right

I looked at them, compared to a set of other "generic" brands and Sky's are the nicest for the hardware (bolts etc...)
Just he's going to make a version of the steering extention

He has mapped my bumper and can make it for the 2" bl

Offline bzzr2

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2007, 03:41:59 PM »
looking forward to seeing the bumper..  and suspension kit of course!  any thoughts on a rear bumper?
03-ZR2, 2dr, 31x10.5 SSR's & stuff...--sold :-(
03 xl7, jeff's 2inch spacer lift, 225/75/16's; sold
09 taco reg cab short box 4x4

Offline blacktrack99

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2007, 02:30:01 PM »
Checked out their site.  Seems to be a well thought out kit.  There will be some RRO/OME stuff for sale after this hits the streets.  RRO's taller lift, tube bumpers, and skids have only been "in development" the past 3+ years I've had my Track.  To be fair, I run their stuff, but I'll buy from whoever has the goods.  I say: BRING IT! The sooner the better for me.

Offline Fredo

• Heavy music and Suzuki 4x4!
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2007, 02:14:09 PM »
This is a new pic of ther 4.5'' lift for sidekick. Look very good!!(other pics are on the site right now).

For vitara/tracker and Grand vitara, We NEED real new A-arms like in the pics. I realy hate the stock one peice ball joint/a-arm...
Proud member of the C.A.B.L (coalition against body-lifting) 2002 GV