Hello Guest

Writing a letter to Suzuki

• 3 Replies

Offline crewcabrob

Writing a letter to Suzuki
« on: August 04, 2011, 06:00:15 AM »
Hi all,

I'm the owner of a new 2011 GV 4x4 limited. I just picked it up last Friday from a dealership in Denver Colorado, about 500 miles from my home town of Lincoln Nebraska. We don't have a suzuki dealer in my town. Our town is about 250,000 people. 50 miles away there is a dealer in Omaha, but they didn't have any GVs on the lot at this time.

Earlier this year I was at the Omaha auto show and had a chance to look at and sit in a GV limited 4x4. That GV had some fairly important options to me; V6, 5spd auto, rear camera in the mirror, home link and even puddle lamps in the doors. I'm down sizing/grading from a very expensive 2010 Land Rover LR4 that was full of gadgets and goodies, so some of these things I really wanted.

Given that a lot of these options were still on the website and the brochure for 2011, I called and made my deal over the phone. I knew the V6 and 5spd were no longer available, but everything else was still in the online owners manual and website. Yeah, I'm missing a lot of the goodies. Basically everything I mentioned is gone from a fully loaded 2011 limited.

I understand that manufactures can change the specifications at any time. I realize that printed material can become out of date quickly when changes are made. What I am upset about is the fact that they decided to drop these on the entire line and still have them on the website. Even the "quick start guide" that came with my 2011 GV has those items listed, yet they don't exist on my GV.

Has anyone ever written to a manufacturer before and got a response back? I suspect that they will do nothing other than say sorry.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rob

92 Sami, OME YJ SPUA, 15x10 Ultra wheels, 32x11.5x15 MTR/k, Corbeau Moab seats, Shrockworks bumpers and tank skid, Mighty Kong, 6.5:1 gears, hi-rock rails, Bushwacker 6" flares, Rampage tinted top, Grant wheel, Truck-lites LED head lights, PIAA LED driving lights, MOAB Husker Spirit license plate

Re: Writing a letter to Suzuki
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 07:49:36 AM »
An aquaintance of mine wrote to Ford about paint pealing off his ten year old Mustang.  They arranged a new paint job for him through the local dealer.
I never have written to any, but it seems like a good idea.  I would think that the manufacturer and dealer would want to find a way to resolve it, especially if you feel they misrepresented the product. 

Offline ack

• Professional askhole
    • Ack's FAQ
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 04:12:11 PM »
If you can deal with the drive, there is a great Suzuki dealer in North Kansas City at trhe Vivian Road Exit - NorthTowne Suzuki.

You might want to try there if the Omaha dealer is of no help...
Ack

'88 Samurai, '88.5 Samurai TT, '11 Ford Transit Connect XLT
Ack's FAQ  http://www.acksfaq.com

Offline crewcabrob

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 05:54:35 AM »
Thanks Guys! 

I'm not sure what good it will do to complain at this point.  I should have just looked harder for a 2010 V6 Limited.  It was the one with all the bells and whistles.

I found an aftermarket mirror that has a backup camera display, compass, homelink and auto dims.  It's $700 with out the camera or instalaion.  It may be the best option I have at this point.

Rob
92 Sami, OME YJ SPUA, 15x10 Ultra wheels, 32x11.5x15 MTR/k, Corbeau Moab seats, Shrockworks bumpers and tank skid, Mighty Kong, 6.5:1 gears, hi-rock rails, Bushwacker 6" flares, Rampage tinted top, Grant wheel, Truck-lites LED head lights, PIAA LED driving lights, MOAB Husker Spirit license plate