Hello Guest

new to the suzuki, wanting to breathe better and pass gas

• 2 Replies

Offline jimbrasky82

new to the suzuki, wanting to breathe better and pass gas
« on: December 14, 2010, 06:13:12 AM »
hey all! we've got an 07 grand vitara xsport and it's quite a fun little vehicle, way different than my colorado.  i'm quite new to the whole suzuki thing so don't bash me to much :)  i'm really into getting the most out of my vehicles but i've run into a snag with these vehicles, the same way i did with the colorado.  i've been having trouble finding good aftermarket performance pieces for this vehicle.  really looking for 2 basic parts, intake and exhaust.  does anyone have any good tips on building my own intake or is there a cai out there (like kn or injen)?  and exhaust... i'm used to truck exhaust which is pretty straight forward but i was looking underneath the gv yesterday trying to get ideas, and it looks like the exhaust system goes every way but straight back. any suggestions on a new muffler or setup?

thank you for all your help in advance and hope to learn lots for you all!
justin

Re: new to the suzuki, wanting to breathe better and pass gas
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 10:21:39 AM »
Flowmaster 40 series delta flow. Make sure when you install it you also cut out the resonator and have a straight pipe welded in its place. Sounds great. The intake there really isnt anything so I just bought the fitted k&n filter and put it in place of the paper filter and took out the air mufflers and air dams attached to the intake. trust me sounds and works great. hope this helps.

Offline msb123

Re: new to the suzuki, wanting to breathe better and pass gas
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 02:14:10 AM »
Flowmaster 40 series delta flow. Make sure when you install it you also cut out the resonator and have a straight pipe welded in its place. Sounds great. The intake there really isnt anything so I just bought the fitted k&n filter and put it in place of the paper filter and took out the air mufflers and air dams attached to the intake. trust me sounds and works great. hope this helps.

Hi,
Can you please give some information on the air intake mod you did? Which mufflers and dams were removed and what were the benefits. I have replaced the stock filter with a KN and removed the air intake pipe to the box and fitted a pipe that goes straight out to next to the radiator. There was a plastic pop-out that I removed for this. I havent noted any significant difference.

Thanks