Hello Guest

More info on the Pick-up...

• 22 Replies

Offline GenXr

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
Re: More info on the Pick-up...
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 07:10:49 PM »
I've driven Nissan products for years, and I assure you, you won't be disappointed.  My friends got me into Zuks (which I love also).

I miss my dearly departed 95 Hardbody.  That truck was tough as nails and was still running strong when I sold it.

Bandit02

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 06:56:51 PM »
Nissans are great vehicles. My old lady has an 06 Xterra, and It's great. With a better set of tires is goes good offroad, is a comfy ride, and hauls a pretty good sized load behind it...

As far as the Mexico car manufacturing goes, I do know that the 302 blocks that ford had produced in the Mexico plant are stronger than the ones produced in the states (except for '69 and '70 model blocks, those are the most saught after years thanks to denser metals in the block and 4bolt mains.) So maybe Suzuki will get lucky and these trucks will come out well too.

phloop

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 11:33:02 PM »
I highly recommend avoiding ANY vehicle built in Mexico.
My 2000 Dodge Ram was a true POS.  They couldn't even get the bed on straight (probably drunk at the time).

Both my 04.5 and 06 Dodge Rams were not a POS. In fact, they have proven better than the built in the USA versions. :o

In fact, when I picked them up I did not smell either tortillas or tequila in them. :laugh:

And I still have the 06, and I only got rid of the 04.5 because of an ex-wife. >:(

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 05:20:56 PM »
Growing up, my Dad bought a 1971 Datsun 1200.

Now THAT was a great Nissan.

thcrw739

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 05:37:56 PM »
I'm glad my 97 Kick Sport was Made in Japan & not canada...

Offline Jeremiah

• Viva La ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 05:26:45 PM »
I don't see many Nissan trail rigs...

That said, doesn't Nissan make a lot of heads for people (toyota comes to mind...)?
'96 4 door kick: 29" Pep-Boys M/T, 1.5" OME
'83 SJ410: 31" Toyo M/T, SPOA, 1.3L
'08 Yamaha FZ6

Bandit02

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2007, 01:29:19 PM »
I don't see many Nissan trail rigs...

True... But check out    thenewx.org  and   www.xterraownersclub.com . True, most of the trucks on those sights are mall crawlers, but check out the SAS Xterras. Some of those guys are doin good things with the nissans out on the trails.

Offline whateverworks

• I Love ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 08:21:56 AM »
I highly recommend avoiding ANY vehicle built in Mexico.
My 2000 Dodge Ram was a true POS.  They couldn't even get the bed on straight (probably drunk at the time).

Well I guess you will not be buying ANY vehicle built in in the US or Canada as every one has a part in it that was built in Mexico. GM has been using Mexican made parts for years as well as Dodge, Toyota, Nissan, Ford.
They all use Mexican made parts somewhere in there. Most of the electrical parts for GM cars are made in Mexico as well as alot of cast parts like cylander heads, engine blocks as well as brake parts.
So now what?
LOL
Kelly