Hello Guest

shackle reverse?? comments please.....

• 40 Replies

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
Re: shackle reverse?? comments please.....
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2005, 04:47:56 AM »
Shackles at the rear works for Toyota
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org

Offline 6feetofAIR

• i wanna go to hawaii yayyyyyyyyyyyyy yy
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2005, 03:06:26 PM »
hey save the drama for your mama i wonder what the miracle equipment you are describing cost i bet it is 3 or 4 times the amount of the 5 1/2 lift with sr.

arguing on the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win your still retarded... :o

Offline explosivo

• I'm in the northern part of that one state.
    • omghi2u Gen. Discussion Forums
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2005, 03:49:14 PM »
Shackles at the rear works for Toyota
Same thing I was thinking while reading through this thread. You don't see ANY Toy guys going to front shackles.

Shackles in the rear is a better suspension design because of how it lets the axle move over the terrain.
omghi2.us[/url]
"Its a ZUKI thing. Doing more with less than less with more." -- HotRod

Offline andyt87

• I LPVE ZUKI WORLD!
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2005, 11:34:38 PM »
wow... ive started off a big argument....  sh :ot...

Well, ive looked on www.puresuzuki.com and for the standard shackle reverse and a 3 inch body lift, it would cost £188 GBP, thats not inclding postage  :( which i think could be quite alot, maybe another hundred, i will have to email them an ask...

Do u think it is worth while adding the body lift aswell? or should i spend the extra cash on the 3.5" sr?

Also with the standard sr, would i need to buy longer shocks? or will the standard ones hack it?

Andy
1988 SJ 413
1986 SJ 410
1992 Samurai Sport
1989 Santana 410

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2005, 04:41:59 AM »
Try Rob Butler at Rubbers Suzuki  (£145) and Rhino Ray (£180?) too.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 04:54:26 AM by Rhinoman »
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org

Offline 6feetofAIR

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2005, 03:04:39 PM »
body lifts are for trackers with independant front suspension, if its a solid front axle suspension lift is where its at imho

Offline nitromax

• FunZilla's alive !
    • NitroMax's Pages
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2005, 10:55:26 AM »
body lifts are for trackers with independant front suspension, if its a solid front axle suspension lift is where its at imho
Or both  8)
1600 cc 8v, MegaSquirt EFI, Camden SuperCharger, Calmini 3" Shackle Reversal, IronMan 3"suspension lift, SPOA and 2"bodylift, 4.16 T-case, QuickLok rear, 33x12.5 ProComp XT's on 8"rims with 1"wheelspacers.

Check it all on : www.nitromax.nl
International editor |removethispart|@ www.izook.com

Offline 6feetofAIR

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2005, 02:45:53 PM »
only if you like laying it on its side alot :P

what is the advantage of a body lift if you have a solid axle? if you want to run 44  inch tires then get the height from leafsprings so you have more flex. i drive past soooooooo many people that get 44 inch tires then get 12 inch blocks and use them without a panhard bar, plain stupidity imho. nope, no reason for a body lift i can think of with a solid axle.

Offline mudbug

• Mudbugging
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2005, 04:23:10 PM »
I have the calmini lift on my truck and love it.  The ride is a lot smoother and the approach angles have not changed.

P.S.  if you bother to put the lift on, do lock the diffs to complete the truck.  I recommend both.
Jeeps are for people who can't handle a Suzuki!!!

Offline nitromax

• FunZilla's alive !
    • NitroMax's Pages
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2005, 12:11:15 AM »
only if you like laying it on its side alot :P

what is the advantage of a body lift if you have a solid axle? if you want to run 44  inch tires then get the height from leafsprings so you have more flex. i drive past soooooooo many people that get 44 inch tires then get 12 inch blocks and use them without a panhard bar, plain stupidity imho. nope, no reason for a body lift i can think of with a solid axle.
I must admit I mainly did the bodylift to be able to close the hood with the Camden/Weber/RamFlo set-up, but I also like the height of the truck as it is now ( and I dó have higher leafsprings as well ! ) . Since we don't have rocks here to climb ( like you lucky b*st*rds have ;) ) tipping over is not too big a danger in the sand and mud.
1600 cc 8v, MegaSquirt EFI, Camden SuperCharger, Calmini 3" Shackle Reversal, IronMan 3"suspension lift, SPOA and 2"bodylift, 4.16 T-case, QuickLok rear, 33x12.5 ProComp XT's on 8"rims with 1"wheelspacers.

Check it all on : www.nitromax.nl
International editor |removethispart|@ www.izook.com

Offline Jeremiah

• Viva La ZUKIWORLD!
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2006, 04:48:20 PM »
Okay, I'm convinced I'm doing the calmini 2" shackel reverse http://www.puresuzuki.com/shackle_reverse.htm. I eventually want to get 4-5" of lift though... should I follow up with Calmini's 3" system http://www.puresuzuki.com/3_samurai.htm later down the road, or go with the Old Man EMU's http://www.roadlessgear.com/page/RGL/PROD/SU/ARB120 I hear so much about? I can't really tell what the pricing of the Old Man's are (as the web site doesn't specify if the price is per leaf, or for the pair).

Looks like if I did the Old Man EMU's it would be more $$$, as I would have to locate my own shocks and such :(

~J~
'96 4 door kick: 29" Pep-Boys M/T, 1.5" OME
'83 SJ410: 31" Toyo M/T, SPOA, 1.3L
'08 Yamaha FZ6