Hello Guest

New here, have some questions.......

• 3 Replies

Offline mannytranny

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
New here, have some questions.......
« on: April 22, 2005, 11:23:17 AM »
Howdy

Ive got an 89 Sidekick.  Its all stock, but I would like to make 3 improvements.....

1.  I tow it 4 down quite a bit, and I would like to be able to completly disconnect the driveline when I tow.  Is there a way to put hubs on the rear wheels so I can just turn them before towing?

2.  It needs a lower 4Lo gear.  Ide like to keep everything else stock, it is used as a daily driver......It is as simple as opening up the tcase and swapping out gears?  Can someone reccomend a good kit for this?

3.  I would also like to lift it an inch or two.  I dont do any real extreme off roading, but it seems like a small lift may be a good idea for smoother suspension and better ground clearance.....

Any and all tips appreciated!!

Tx......

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
Re: New here, have some questions.......
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 11:31:41 AM »
1- I know there are ful floater kits fir samis but I'm not sire if they could be adapted to a Kikc

2- All available 4- low kits are a low range reduction only. They are replace the gears sets but you do have to have a certain t-case and do some clearance grinding inside the case.

See trailtough.com  and/or Puresuzuki.com

3- For the lift look at the Calmini 2" suspension lift. I have itr on my daily driver and you wont be dissapointed

Lift kit info also at www.puresuzuki.com

HTH,

Zig
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005, 11:35:05 AM by Zukipilot »
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline mannytranny

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 12:16:51 PM »
Hey thanks for the imput......

Those gears are expensive!!!  Ouch.  I was hoping for something closer to 4-500 bucks....They were listed for 91+, would they fit into an 89?

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 12:55:29 PM »
They will work BUT you may need a different t-case. The 89-90 had some cases that had different gearing in some/not all of them. The only chance you have in the price range you are looking for is to find a used t-case.

Zig
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick