Hello Guest

Lift idea?

• 39 Replies

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
Re: Lift idea?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2004, 12:18:01 AM »
Does anyone know if the full travel is used on the rear shocks. If its like the front and theres some spare then the top shock mount could be lowered with some box section steel or similar. It would be a lot cheaper than new shocks.
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org

Offline chrisvitarasport94

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2004, 05:44:20 AM »
I have been singing the praises of Deldana's lift from Brazil, cheaper than the RRO stuff and very effective - I have their strut & shock spacers, but I went with 1" coil spacers from RRO as I already have +1.5" springs.

Deldana have 2" coils spacers in their kit - see it at

www.Deldana.com.br

there are about 3 Br Reals to 1 US$, and the vendor is honest and fast - shipping is cheap!

go on have a look and tell me what you think!!
'94 3dr s/top Sport, roof bars, roof lights, Calmini bumper, SuperwinchEP9, CB & handheld, GPS, 2" body lift, skid plates, 2.5" susp lift, & hi-lift. Safari Snorkel. R Lockright

jookycola

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2004, 06:08:06 AM »
I like what is see, problem is babel fish is having a hard time translating the Brazilian and i can't find where to buy or how much their stuff is.  but they have pretty awesome stuff.  i've been searching for a front skid plate like Geo used to sell for the tracker for a long time and don't like the look of Calminis...but this place makes one just like the Geo plate.

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2004, 06:50:03 AM »
you need to find a mate who speaks portugese!!

their previous web site had the prices on, and I cant recall what I paid but it was cheap, like half of RRO prices!!

send them an email in English and they will reply in English right away !!
'94 3dr s/top Sport, roof bars, roof lights, Calmini bumper, SuperwinchEP9, CB & handheld, GPS, 2" body lift, skid plates, 2.5" susp lift, & hi-lift. Safari Snorkel. R Lockright

Offline JDMCRX

• 02 Grand Vitra Pimp lol
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2004, 08:03:12 AM »
Whats the shocks on the rear i heard from a crownvic but what year or what car?
01 GRAND VITARA

JBAUTO LONGTUBE HEADERS AND 2.5" JBAUTO EXHAUST

New project H27 in the GV goal 200 Wheel Horse Power  JPB 1.75"front 2" rear Grand Vitra lifts  www.jbauto.ca[/url]

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• YOU WANNA RACE THE ZUKE !
    • OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2004, 03:44:41 PM »
The calmini 2 inch is a pretty inexpensive lift. It retains the stock front coils, corrects camber, corrects CV angles, and rides very close to stock. Ubove all its durable and long lasting. By the time you buy 4 coils from someone, have a strut spacer made, buy new rear shocks, correct rear driveshaft angle, ecentric cam bolts, and buy some coilspring spacers are you really saving money? Im all for saving a buck or two, but it doesnt sound like it will be enough saved to make it worth all the work.

Mike
THIS IS WHAT I WAS THINKING AS I STARTED READING THIS POST.   IT IS WHAT I WILL TALK MY BROTHER INTO DOING IF HE WANTS TO LIFT HIS NEW KICK, BUT KEEP IT MILD.

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• Redline... all the time!
    • www.rpm4x4.com
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2004, 02:57:22 AM »
Whats the shocks on the rear i heard from a crownvic but what year or what car?

91 Crown Vic
If your not living life to the fullest then your not living at all.

You wont really know if your wrong till your upsidedown

Offline Jookycola

• 1995 Tracker LSi 4x4 16v 2-door
    • My car domain site for the tracker.
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2005, 05:19:15 PM »
ok so i found this using search  :o  imagine that someone actually using a forum search.
LOL

so it answers alot of good questions.  but what i want to know is.  if i put on "just" coil spacers and flip the front strut mount.....will the front sit higher than the back?
and how would i correct it if that happened, i'm guessing from this thread you'd install a 1991 Ford Crown Vics shocks in back to even out the lift...that sound right?
because this sounds super simple.

but i read else where that a simple 2 inches of lift can be achived on a side kick by simply installing 4-door vitara/ 2nd gen Tracker springs.  any of this true?
  [/url]

Offline ed oorklep

• 1992 Suzuki Vitara
    • Suzuki Vitara 4x4
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2005, 11:26:36 PM »
ok so i found this using search  :o  imagine that someone actually using a forum search.
LOL

so it answers alot of good questions.  but what i want to know is.  if i put on "just" coil spacers and flip the front strut mount.....will the front sit higher than the back?
and how would i correct it if that happened, i'm guessing from this thread you'd install a 1991 Ford Crown Vics shocks in back to even out the lift...that sound right?
because this sounds super simple.

but i read else where that a simple 2 inches of lift can be achived on a side kick by simply installing 4-door vitara/ 2nd gen Tracker springs.  any of this true?

If you put in spacers in the front that actually measure 2" and in the back the same spacers the front would be higher than the back, because of the leverage of the arms in the front. But normally a spacer set will be either for the front or the rear (or a complete set front and rear) and the front ones will be less thick.
The crown vic shocks would be there because you'll need to have longer shocks in the rear to let the axle drop far enough to keep all the tires on the ground in corners etc.

The GV springs will give you about 2" of lift on a 2 dr as I've heard but never tried myself.
Don't forget camber adjustment  ;)
http://www.suzukivitara4x4.nl
1992 Suzuki Vitara
8cm Body-lift, 33 12.5 R15 General Grabber MT's.
ARB Bull Bar.
3" Suspension lift.

Offline Uncivilized

• Car Domain
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2005, 03:22:19 AM »
Having a little more lift in the front isn't really a bad thing... I find most tracker/sidekick are a little droopy in the front anyway, keeping all your coil spacers the same size would probably level it out.

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2005, 06:52:28 AM »
rear shock travel..

nice to see this post surface again.

I have 2" extensions on my rear shocks ( with +1.5" springs with 1" rro spacers on top )

what does the full travel on the shock come up to?

it's easy to say get longer shocks, but how much more droop might it give me?

Offline Digger

• 1996 Suzuki X-90 4X4
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2005, 07:19:31 AM »
I have 2 Trackers. On the 90, it sat pretty much level stock until I added the heavy bumper/skidplate and winch up front. I added the 1" RRO spacers up front but then it sat slightly nose-up. So I then added the 1" RRO rear spacers as well. This leveled the truck out nicely and I was just running with the front upper strut mount flipped and stock rear shocks.

When I picked up the 93 LSI, It sat nose slightly down stock, kinda slouchy up front. I made my own 1.5" coil spacers and added them to all 4 corners, as well as the strut mount flip and 91 crown vic rear shocks and it sits level now.

When I swapped out the RRO spacers on my 90 for the 1.5" ones I made and added the crown vic shocks, I picked up 1-1/4" of added front height and only 7/8" of added rear height. It sits slightly nose-up again, but I plan on finding some 2" lift coils somewhere to eventually correct this(basically I'm looking for the back end of a Calmini 2" kit minus the shocks).

If your Tracker is slouchy up front, keeping all 4 spacers the same will help level the truck, but if you're level or nose-high now, spacers will only make it more pronounced unless you make the front spacers shorter than the rears. Running 1.5" spacers up front gives you something like 2" of total lift up front due to the fulcrum/lever situation with the IFS....

Adding more droop to the rear is as simple as adding longer rear shocks- to a point. The 91 Crown vic shocks are about 1.5" longer than stock and ride really nice so far(I have them in both rigs). If you go too high on the rear spacers though, you start to bind the center diff pivot on the upper rear wishbone. Calmini's 2" kit doesn't add anything to address this, so I'm assuming a 2" lift is fine without a rear diff pivot spacer, but any higher and you'll want to space it some so it has room to work.

From the pics and explanations of Calmini's 2" lift kit, the rear basically only uses 2" lift springs, longer rear shocks and bump stop extensions. Everything else in the kit is for the front end...

Since the rear shocks are what limits the droop of the rear axle, however longer you make the shocks or move the mounts just adds that much more to the droop of the axle. Just be sure the bump stops hit before the shock bottoms out on compression...
Had a cool sig pic till I changed the text... sigh...
90 Tracker: "Silver", 2" BL, 1-1/2" Coil Spacers, Strut mount flip, Calmini Header, Winch, 31" Swamper radials, Sold.
98 Suzuki X-90: Calmini 2" Sus, 1-1/4" whl spcrs, 2" Exhaust, Cobra Safari Bar, Neon, Sold.
96 Suzuki X-90: Mostly stock daily driver(for now)

Offline the_maplebar

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2005, 12:21:53 PM »

Deldana have 2" coils spacers in their kit - see it at

www.Deldana.com.br

It looks like tDeldana is no longer around, does anyone know if this is the same kit/people?

http://www.rc4x4.com.br/
2002 4DR Tracker V6 ZR2.... 1.5"/2" coil spacers front/rear, BDS Strut Extensions, 235/75R15 Cooper STT... They ROCK!!!
http://www.zukiworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=35.msg111575#msg111575[/url]

Offline 1bigtracker

• F*** trail rated, try trail tested
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2005, 01:36:21 PM »
IIt sits slightly nose-up again, but I plan on finding some 2" lift coils somewhere to eventually correct this(basically I'm looking for the back end of a Calmini 2" kit minus the shocks).

I beleave stock TJ FRONT springs give 2 inches of lift and also give a nice ride. ;)

stu
« Last Edit: April 26, 2005, 01:36:46 PM by 1bigtracker »

Offline Digger

• 1996 Suzuki X-90 4X4
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2005, 09:29:48 AM »
Any confirmation on this? How well do they fit the spring cups?
Had a cool sig pic till I changed the text... sigh...
90 Tracker: "Silver", 2" BL, 1-1/2" Coil Spacers, Strut mount flip, Calmini Header, Winch, 31" Swamper radials, Sold.
98 Suzuki X-90: Calmini 2" Sus, 1-1/4" whl spcrs, 2" Exhaust, Cobra Safari Bar, Neon, Sold.
96 Suzuki X-90: Mostly stock daily driver(for now)