Hello Guest

rear discs 5 on 5.5

• 21 Replies

Offline brandonsfabwork

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: rear discs 5 on 5.5
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2005, 06:27:53 AM »
I have the spidertrax rear disc set up on my sammy running 33's and it brakes soooooo much better than my stock rear drums did.  i would NOT run without a proportioning valve though.  You still need 70% of your braking up front and a prop vavle can adjust it so its right and safe.  And yes discs work better crossing water,  no fade at all.   ;D

Offline Chief

• Whaddya lookin at??
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2005, 08:52:00 AM »

How has that worked for you?
~Nate

Before, with the stock e-brake, I could pull it and still move the car myself by pushing. With the line lock, there is no prayer of moving it. I have yet to try it on a steep hill.
03 Tacoma, BBP sliders, TRD L/S, Modded intake,  Da Tow Bitch

94 Tracker. Cancer mod :p Otherwise stock

Offline Chief

• Whaddya lookin at??
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2005, 08:54:25 AM »
I have the spidertrax rear disc set up on my sammy running 33's and it brakes soooooo much better than my stock rear drums did.  i would NOT run without a proportioning valve though.  You still need 70% of your braking up front and a prop vavle can adjust it so its right and safe.  And yes discs work better crossing water,  no fade at all.   ;D

Well, I think the majority of my braking comes from the front anyway. Reason being, my LSPV is in the stock location. I have yet to touch it. I have around 2" of lift, so, Compensating for the lighter rear end (Or so that is how the LSPV sees it), there is less pressure going to the rear brakes.

I'll try it without a PV first, if I don't like it, Summit Racing is about a 20 min drive from my house.  8)

Offline brandonsfabwork

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2005, 10:16:53 AM »
hey chief-  I dont think my sammy is as high tech as your trackick (no lspv on mine) ;D so you hopefully could get away w/o buying a pv.  that would be cool.  just be carefull on the 1st test run!  my 1st drive after the disc swap was in the rain and the pv wasn't adjusted right.  It felt fine at slow speeds then I got it up to 40 or so and hit the binders---yeeehaaaa!!  something about a short wheel base sammy on 33" boggers going sideways down the road because the rears locked up isnt fun.  Unless you do it on purpose ;)

Offline 1bigtracker

• F*** trail rated, try trail tested
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2005, 01:13:01 PM »
thats the same thing that happens in our bronco just with 35 in swampers and alot more truck.  ;D  lol
that reminds me that we have to order a PV for it.

stu

Offline 90Stomper

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2005, 01:44:29 PM »
that reminds me that we have to order a PV for it.
 where is a good place to get one of these?
&
my 1st drive after the disc swap was in the rain and the pv wasn't adjusted right.
 any tips on setting this up right (or close) in the garage?
2004 chevy tracker, 4door, V6
says 'Chevy' on the outside,
but its covered with lots of big 'S's on the inside ;)

Offline Chief

• Whaddya lookin at??
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2005, 03:33:23 AM »

where is a good place to get one of these?
&
 any tips on setting this up right (or close) in the garage?

www.summitracing.com

I don't think you can really set it up in the garage. Just have the majority of the bias set to the front, then slowly adjust it towards the rear, with test drives in between.