Hello Guest

Toy Carb Swap or Rebuild Stock Carb?

• 3 Replies

Offline TreeFrog169

Toy Carb Swap or Rebuild Stock Carb?
« on: September 25, 2003, 03:28:25 AM »
I need a new carb mine is very worn out.  I am either going to swap it for a toy carb or rebuild the stock one.

Here are my Questions.

Who here has done a Toyota Carb swap on their Sammy?  What tips can you give and what is a good price to pay for the Carb?  What stuff needs to be changed around and what not?

Or,

I am going to rebuild My stock carb.  I have never done this and would like advice and pointers?  Or if some one has a factory service manual that goes through this and shows how to rebuild it back to the factory settings and maybe has part numbers for stuff that doesn't come in the rebuild kit I would Like to get a copy of that section from someone that has it.

Thanks

Offline rabidray

• hey what you want!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Re: Toy Carb Swap or Rebuild Stock Carb?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2003, 01:31:40 PM »
the stock carbs are problematic :o you would be better off going to another type of carb......

unless you can find a good used stock carb i wouldnt even attempt rebiulding one of these p.o.s. stockers there is too much to go wrong with them........ :o
88 sammy with a few mods

Offline Bigzook

• Current owner of the famous Audi Kick
    • Donkey Worx Galleries
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2003, 02:23:36 AM »
While I agree that the stock carbs are a little difficult to rebuild, in my opinion they are a great off road carb. I personally have 2 samurais and have had very few carb problems. (my throttle plate shaft broke once) Other than that I wouldnt trade how well it runs at severe angles, the better fuel economy, and smooth running. Except maybe for fuel injection. On the other hand toy carbs are pretty good to. One more you might want to check out if you plan on doing the stock one and are having trouble either finding one, or finding a cheaper one. The subaru carbs are VERY similar to stock suzuki's. They are a Hitachi,same bolt pattern, alot of the same acessory's, but with a couple extra vacum ports. Just an idea........

Offline rabidray

• hey what you want!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2003, 12:14:26 PM »
try too find a mixture controll valve some time .......

then if you can find one tell me how much it costs.....

the m.c. valve is what goes away for me............
88 sammy with a few mods