Hello Guest

GOOD NEWS BAD NEWS !!!!!

• 47 Replies

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• YOU WANNA RACE THE ZUKE !
    • OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
Re: GOOD NEWS BAD NEWS !!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2003, 12:55:51 PM »
 OKBAD NEWS TOOK 7 BUSINESS DAYS TO GET HERE SHOULD HAVE ONLY BEEN 5 SO MAYBE WITH UPS'S GUARANTEED TIME IN TRANSIT THEY SCREWED UP AND WE CAN GET REFUNDED FOR SHIPPING ;D YEA RIGHT :-/ OR IT WASN'T SHIPPED AS STATED  >:(  BUT THANK GOD FOR TRACKING WE WILL BE ABLE TO TELL  :D ALSO WHEN RECIEVED THE BOX WITH ALL THE HEAVY ARMS AND STUFF HAD A BIG HOLE WHERE THE ARMS WERE RUBBING ON BOX  :( HOPEFULLY ALL IS IN THERE..WILL HAVE TO CHECK TOMORROW DIDN'T HAVE TIME TODAY :'(                                                                                BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT ITS HERE AND IF ALL IS IN THERE I CAN GET IT PUT IN SATURDAY :P

Offline Agent Orange

• Trying to learn
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2003, 02:15:55 PM »
Good news :)
If it makes you feel better, when I received my kit just about everything was falling out of the box. You must admit though, those control arms are heavy duty, and they weigh allot compared to the stock ones, but all the parts were there. Well good luck Saturday, and if I may suggest be sure to read the instructions several time, and if you have any questions before starting post them tomorrow night, so that we can help you.

Later.  ;D

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2003, 02:35:38 PM »
OK THANKS ..I THINK CALMINI SHOULD WRAP THE SIDEWALLS OF THAT BOX WITH TAPE  ;)  ALL OTHERS WERE AS NEW....I SEE IT ALL THE TIME WHEN YOU HAVE  MOVING METAL PARTS AGAINST CARDBOARD, THE METAL ALLWAYS WINS  ::) THE KEY IS TO CUT DOWN THE SIDES OF BOXES TO MAKE TIGHT PACK WITH NO ROOM TO MOVE,,, SO STEVE IF YOUR READING FOR FURTHER SHIPMENTS, THE SIDE WALLS NEED A LIITLE HELP ON THE BIG HEAVY BOX WITH ARMS AND STUFF ::) FOR ITS NO FUN AS A DRIVER TO BRING THESE TO A CUSTOMER AND SAY SORRY FOR THE HOLE , BUT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PACKED BETTER & TIGHTER  ;D CAUSE EVERYONE WANTS TO BLAME UPS ..WHEN 75% OF THE TIME ITS THE SHIPPERS FAULTY PAcking, that causes PACKAGES TO BECOME CRUSHED OR DAMAGED :o YES I'LL LET YA BLAME 25 % ON US  ;D

Offline LBC4x4

• 1992 4door 3" body 1"coil spacers 31x10.5
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2003, 02:52:44 PM »
As long as you are ready to except some of the blame thats alright with me.

Offline Kreg

• Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a four wheelers life for me.
    • Island 4x4
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2003, 03:54:10 PM »
mine was only 1 week as well, to Vancouver Island. I agree with agent orange, there is a shop on the mainland that has my friends son convinced to drop a ton of cash to do a SAS with a Samurai housing, and there solution to the width is to run spacers, and he also has to find the sami front end. Complete rip off, and a waste off money IMHO.

Mac

HAHA and you saved me that ton of cash after I got a glimps of your rig Mac!

I've decided to go with the 6" combo and will hopefully get my order in sometime within the next month.

Cheers!

Offline Yankee Tim

• Who says a GV is a grocery getter?
    • Yankee Off-Road
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2003, 08:43:17 AM »
Sooo...you gonna have this rig together in time for Zookin"?  If so, when you heading up?
Yankee Tim

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2003, 10:01:11 AM »
WELL, (I KNOW ITS A DEEP SUBJECT) THE LIFT SHOULD BE IN BUT NO TIRES OR GEARS :'( & MOMMA CANT HANDLE THE KIDS ALONE YET WITH THE BUSTED WRIST :-/ HER MOM ALLREADY SPENDS 5 12 HOUR DAYS HERE...SO I'M GONNA GUESS NOT THIS YEAR :'( MY GOAL IS TO MAKE PARAGON NEXT YEAR ;D

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2003, 03:04:50 PM »
I'M OFF TO SLEEPY LAND  ::) NOT THAT I'LL SLEEP WELL, ITS LIKE THE ANTICAPATION OF A CHILD ON CHRISTMAS EVE  ;D HOPEFULLY BY THE END OF THE DAY TOMORROW I'LL BE LIFTED ABOUT 6"  :o  BUT IF ITS ONLY 3" THERE'S ALLWAYS ANOTHER DAY  :-/   NOW ONLY IF SOMEONE WOULD STOP BY AND BUY MY RANGER WHILE I'M THERE I'LL ORDER MY TIRE & WHEELS  ::)

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2003, 10:26:57 PM »
OK THE SUNS UP ITS TIME TO GO TO MONSTER GARAGE & BUILD ME A MINI MONSTER :o

SpinalTap

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2003, 04:16:46 AM »
OK THE SUNS UP ITS TIME TO GO TO MONSTER GARAGE & BUILD ME A MINI MONSTER :o

Hey good luck with your build up!

We want lots of pics and details of of how the install went!!

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2003, 03:57:59 PM »
OK AFTER 12 HOURS OF WORKING ON THE KICK THE SUSPENSION LIFT IS IN & BODY LIFT ALLMOST DONE ;D UNFORTUNATELY BRIAN & I BOTH HAVE SOMETHING GOING ON TOMORROW :'( BUT MAYBE WILL FINISH UP ON TUESDAY  :o OK THE FRONT WAS AS FUN AS YA'LL SAID IT WOULD BE BUT WE GOT IT IN THERE..ONE QUESTION  ??? THE SWAY BAR ENDS LOOK AS IF THEY NEED TO BE REMOVED AND PUT ON OTHER SIDE TO LINE UP BETTER WITH A ARMS..THE ENDS ARE MOUNTED ON OUTSIDE, LOOKS LIKE WE NEED TO MOVE THEM TO THE INSIDE FOR BETTER ALIGNMENT WITH MOUNTING HOLE ???  WE THOUGHT THAT ONCE THAT WAS IN THE BACK WOULD BE A CINCH :-/    BUT TO  GET THE BOLTS OUT OF THE OLD ARMS IN REAR WE NEEDED TO USE A SMOKE WRENCH & SAWS ALL  :o THE RUBBER BUSHING JUST WANTED TO TURN WITH THE BOLT & WE COULDN'T GET AIR CHISEL IN THERE TO KNOCK IT OUT ::) SO WE BROKE OUT THE ALLMIGHTY TOOLS  ;) AND THEN ON THE PLATE THAT BOLTS ON TO THE TOP OF REAR PUMPKIN HAD A BOLT SNAP AT FIRST TURN OF THE WRENCH >:( BUT EVEN WITH ALL THAT WE GOT IT DONE.... ;D THE BODY LIFT WENT PRETTY WELL WITH THE EXCEPTION OF A FEW BOLTS WANTING TO BREAK ON THE BUMPERS  >:( NOW WE JUST HAVE TO CRANK DOWN ALL THE BODY LIFT HARDWARE, FIGURE OUT THE BUMPERS ,CONNECT SWAY BAR & ALIGN....AND STAGE ONE WILL BE DONE :P THEN WE'LL PUT IN THE SUPERWINCH MANUAL HUBS ..SPOOL AND ALTERNATOR UPGRADE WILL HAVE TO WAIT  ::)    THANKS HAPPY ZUKING MATTY D.  OH YEA I BOUGHT A THROUGH AWAY CAMERA FOR PICTURE TAKING WITH GREASY HANDS SO AS SOON AS I FINISH ROLL I'LL HAVE SOME PICTURES POSTED TO MY SIGHTS  :D
« Last Edit: September 06, 2003, 10:34:34 PM by NY_SIDEKICKER »

Offline Agent Orange

• Trying to learn
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2003, 04:45:02 PM »
Can't wait for the pictures.

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2003, 04:49:42 PM »
ME EITHER ,,,,BUT THAT BLUE SURE DONT GO WITH THE GREEN EXTERIOR  ;D

Offline brlj

• 6" Lift w/ 33x12.50 TSL Radials, Exoskeleton
    • Bills 93 Tracker
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2003, 09:52:40 AM »
Hey NY,

When you install the lift I definately recommend doing the rear diff over rotation mod! It doesnt take long to do and makes the pinion angle much better. Also raise that gas tank.

Later,
Bill

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2003, 01:07:48 PM »
THE TANK LIFT IS ON THE TO DO LIST EVENTUALLY....NOT SURE ON THE DIFF ROTATION THING ..POST A LINK TO THE WRITE UP IF THERE IS ONE PLEASE......THANKS MATTY D...