Hello Guest

GOOD NEWS BAD NEWS !!!!!

• 47 Replies

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• YOU WANNA RACE THE ZUKE !
    • OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
GOOD NEWS BAD NEWS !!!!!
« on: August 05, 2003, 01:24:50 PM »
OK GOOD NEWS FIRST :D...SPOOL & GM ALTERNATOR BRACKET WILL BE HERE FRIDAY..HOORAY FOR TRAIL TOUGH....ALSO SPENT FIRST FULL WEEK OF REGULAR DRIVING MY KICK , FILLED HER UP & IT TOOK A WHOLE $10.73, NOW NORMALLY I WOULD SPEND ATLEAST $35. A WEEK IN GAS.... ;D NOW THE BAD NEWS :'(  ..GOT A FAX FROM CALMINI 6 DAYS AFTER ORDER TO FIND THAT THEY HAVE THE BODY LIFT, BUT THE SUSP. LIFT IS ON BACK ORDER TIL APRX. THE 15TH OF AUG. :( HERE I WAS EXPECTING VIA UPS THURSDAY  :-/ OH WELL I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO WAIT .....ANYONE KNOW WHAT ALTERNATOR I SHOULD BE PICKING UP TO USE ON MY KICK W/ THAT BRACKET FROM TRAIL TOUGH ???

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
Re: GOOD NEWS BAD NEWS !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 10:23:17 PM »
Definately wait for the backordered lift, you wont be dissapointed.
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline sidekick_nut

• My Site
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 12:19:03 AM »
I waited 6 weeks for my body lift, not sure if the slow down was from Calmini (as the store I ordered it from said) or from the store itself.  But no matter, it was worth the wait.  
::)
'93 'Kick 3" Body lift, 30x9.50 Kumho's
OVO (http://ovo.ca) 2002 Rookie of the Year
Check out my wheeling pics |removethispart|@ http://brummell.net

Offline UberAsuna

• Asuna Sunrunner 92'
    • Cranky's Ghetto My Website
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 01:29:02 AM »
i waited 2 months for my freakin body lift when they said it was in stock ...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2003, 01:29:35 AM by UberAsuna »
It's A Zuki Thing, Dig It Sucka ;) :D ;D

Offline sidekick_nut

• My Site
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 01:51:56 AM »
i waited 2 months for my freakin body lift when they said it was in stock ...

Maybe it's a problem with getting that stuff up to us here in Canada!
;D ;D ;D
'93 'Kick 3" Body lift, 30x9.50 Kumho's
OVO (http://ovo.ca) 2002 Rookie of the Year
Check out my wheeling pics |removethispart|@ http://brummell.net

Offline UberAsuna

• Asuna Sunrunner 92'
    • Cranky's Ghetto My Website
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2003, 04:27:59 AM »

Maybe it's a problem with getting that stuff up to us here in Canada!
;D ;D ;D

Well i would of said that if i would of ordered it myself at home ... but it was ordered from the Chrysler Jeep Dealer i got a contact there that works on modding 4x4's and his son had a lifted tracker before and he ordered it for me .. i doubt they would have problems getting parts fast hehe
It's A Zuki Thing, Dig It Sucka ;) :D ;D

Offline Agent Orange

• Trying to learn
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2003, 01:27:08 PM »
I ordered mine direct from Calmini on a Wednesday, and it showed up the following Wednesday. Had them ship it UPS direct to my work. Total 3" kit with the steering stabilizer, shipping, and brokerage fees plus taxes totaled $1725.50 The kit alone from a supplier here was $2200 without taxes, I saved a bundle. The shops also wanted $500 to install the kit, so I did it myself. All the shops here slam the calmini kit, they want me to spend three or four grand to install a solid axle instead. So why give them the profits of selling me the kit. Do it yourself it's cheaper, and more rewarding.

Offline Mac

• Toys, Toys, Toys
    • 1985 Suzuki Samurai
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2003, 03:03:41 PM »
 mine was only 1 week as well, to Vancouver Island. I agree with agent orange, there is a shop on the mainland that has my friends son convinced to drop a ton of cash to do a SAS with a Samurai housing, and there solution to the width is to run spacers, and he also has to find the sami front end. Complete rip off, and a waste off money IMHO.

Mac

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2003, 04:41:41 AM »
WELL  UNFORTUNATELY  CALMINI IS TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK OF THE 3" LIFT KIT :( .....I SAW THE FAX MYSELF  :o ...WE ARE WAITING ON THE KIT :'( , NOT GOING ANYOTHER ROUTE.... GONNA HURRY UP & WAIT... THIS GUY IS FAIR AND HONEST TO DEAL WITH.. HE SAID I COULD ORDER MYSELF OR HE COULD PROBABLY OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM & GET IT.... BUT EITHER WAY HE WOULD HELP ME GET IT INSTALLED ..HE'S NOT ONE OF THESE MAIN STREET SHOPS THAT ARE ALL ABOUT THE MONEY........WORKS FROM THE SHOP & GARAGE RIGHT AT HIS HOUSE......AND WITH MY LITTLE KNOWLEDGE OF MECHANICS I FIGURE IT WOULD BE SMART TO GET HELP FROM SOME ONE ON MY FIRST PROJECT ......SO I CAN PUT IN LIFT BUT HAVE HIS HELP AT A VERY LOW COST......I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED ..HAPPY ZUKING! MATTY D.  ;D

Offline Mac

• Toys, Toys, Toys
    • 1985 Suzuki Samurai
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2003, 05:04:54 AM »
Sounds like a good idea, hey backorders happen I am a manager for a manufacturing company, and backorders are part of life, customer demand is higher than product QTY.
Remember Calmini builds all there stuff, and with a very soft US economy, I too would not want to have a huge over stock of these items, and the demand for these kits is High, if I am right I think there are 4 or 5 of us on this list alone in the last month or so who have purchased this lift. Don't go sour on Calmini they are a great company to deal with.

Mac

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2003, 05:17:13 AM »
NOPE NO SOURNESS HERE ;D JUST PATIENTLY WAITING ::) JUST DIDN'T WANT Y'ALL TO THINK I WAS BEING TALKED INTO ANOTHER SET UP........FROM SOME HIGH PRESSURED SALESMAN ;D

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2003, 07:42:32 AM »
THANKS TRAIL TOUGH  :-* ! RECEIVED ITEMS ON DAY PROMISED ;), ALSO THANKS FOR THE COOL DECAL :o. I'LL PUT IT ON MY KICK ONCE I GET THE WINDOWS TINTED, SO I KNOW IT WILL BE SEEN WHERE I PUT IT ;) NOW IF THE 15TH WOULD JUST HURRY UP & GET HERE :D HAPPY ZUKING!  MATTY D. 8)

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2003, 01:46:16 PM »
ALLRIGHTY THEN! CALMINI SHIPPED MY LIFT ON MONDAY  ;D SO I WONT GET UNTIL NEXT WEEK :'( SO MUCH FOR GETTING IT IN OVER THE THREE DAY WEEKEND ::) BUT ATLEAST ITS ON ITS WAY  :P STILL PATIENTLY WAITING ;) HAPPY ZUKING! MATTTY D.

Offline Agent Orange

• Trying to learn
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2003, 02:42:36 PM »
Keep your fingers crossed it might just show up by Friday. I had Calmini e-mail me the ups tracking number to track my shippment online, it was fun to see it make all those stops before showing up at the receiving dept. at work.

Good luck.

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2003, 03:41:36 PM »
WELL UNFORTUNATELY IT TAKES 5 TO 6 DAYS FROM CA. TO HERE..BUT MOST OFTEN ITS 5 DAYS.....NOT 4 TO 5     SO I WONT HOLD MY BREATHE...BUT I WILL KNOW WHEN IT COMES CAUSE I DELIVER THE AREA WHERE I LIVE & WHERE THE SHOP IS THAT ITS GOING TO....