Hello Guest

Tire choices...help!

• 21 Replies

Offline Scott

• Red Tintop
Re: Tire choices...help!
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2003, 04:14:00 AM »
So how is the gearing with your new tires??

I used a GPS to check the speedometer against true speed yesterday and it is about 10% off. if it says 50 I am really doing 55.  Top speed I could get was 64.  It is  down on power compared to the stock wheels/tires but these new ones are heavy so that is not suprising.  I was going to look into changing the gearing in the transfer case as a one stop fix but I see some vendors like Trail Tough discouraging this.

For now it will be staying like it is.  It is not a daily driver and has been able to do anything I have asked so far.  And there is always 4 wheel low!

Scott

Offline NY_SIDEKICKER

• YOU WANNA RACE THE ZUKE !
    • OBSESSIVE BEHAVIOR !
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2003, 08:29:00 AM »
IS THIS A SAMMY  ??? THATS WHAT I'M GUESSING ...... SOUNDS LIKE YOU COULD USE A 16 VALVE TRANSPLANT :o  ::)  ;)  :P  BUT YET AGAIN IT DOES STILL DO THE SPEED LIMIT  ;D

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 08:50:57 PM »
 I live in N. Florida and it is almost all sand with a little mud if you know where to look (I don't, yet)  Not real hilly. I want to stay in the 2" or so lift and 29 or 30 inch tires so I don't have to worry about gearing changes right away.

I live in Jacksonville, FL. I'd be interested in talk to you about your lift and tires, since I am a total newbie at this. I have a 97 sidekick JX with some nice aesthetic customizations, but its time to get bigger tires and a small lift. I would like to see how you got your spring lift for $40 and what tires you got. I want to use my current rims, which aren't stock, but about the same size as stock. I can't tell you what I have because honestly I have no clue. Send me and email at stevenmeyerjr|removethispart|@yahoo.com if you don't mind. I'd love to know where you go trailing in N. Florida also.

Offline tuxblacray

• Building a Bigger Better Brute Samurai.... B-}
    • Tuxblacray Photos
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2012, 06:38:06 AM »
 I live in N. Florida and it is almost all sand with a little mud if you know where to look (I don't, yet)  Not real hilly. I want to stay in the 2" or so lift and 29 or 30 inch tires so I don't have to worry about gearing changes right away.

I live in Jacksonville, FL. I'd be interested in talk to you about your lift and tires, since I am a total newbie at this. I have a 97 sidekick JX with some nice aesthetic customizations, but its time to get bigger tires and a small lift. I would like to see how you got your spring lift for $40 and what tires you got. I want to use my current rims, which aren't stock, but about the same size as stock. I can't tell you what I have because honestly I have no clue. Send me and email at stevenmeyerjr|removethispart||removethispart|@yahoo.com if you don't mind. I'd love to know where you go trailing in N. Florida also.

Steven he has a Sammy or has done major changes to a Kick since he starts out talking about going SPOA (spring over axle). You have an IFS (independant front suspension). For you a nice set of Jeffs 2" coil spacers and some new struts / shocks would do the trick. You could run 30x9.5 or 31x10.5 with some fender trimming.  ;)
I know the voices aren't real.... but they have some pretty kewl ideas!!! Tux.....  ;-)
I get my Sammi parts here, and you can too... http://www.mikodaindustries.com/http://stores.ebay.com/sticksnstones4x4samuraiparts

Offline WVzuk

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 07:43:19 AM »
Did you guys notice the thread is 9 years old....lol.  I wonder if the OP still has his sidekick?
1994 4dr Sidekick: 3inch Zukination lift, 30x9.50 mud tires, snorkel, ARB rear locker, homemade bumpers

Offline tuxblacray

• Building a Bigger Better Brute Samurai.... B-}
    • Tuxblacray Photos
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 10:30:49 AM »

That's funny..... 9 yrs and still up....

I never check out the thread date unless somebody starts out by sayin" I know this is an old post..."

At any rate my advice to Steve is still the same and is CURRENT.... LOL...  :laugh:
I know the voices aren't real.... but they have some pretty kewl ideas!!! Tux.....  ;-)
I get my Sammi parts here, and you can too... http://www.mikodaindustries.com/http://stores.ebay.com/sticksnstones4x4samuraiparts

Offline zuki1018

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 05:27:22 PM »
Did you guys notice the thread is 9 years old....lol.  I wonder if the OP still has his sidekick?

Doh!  I did all that reading and was ready to throw in my .02  Oh well.