Hello Guest

Tracker Kick Tailgate lock

• 4 Replies

Offline Z3bra

Tracker Kick Tailgate lock
« on: January 01, 2004, 01:46:16 AM »
Just curious, mine doesn't have one, was it a model year or option type thing? Mine's a 90 Tracker LSi soft top.  I see other soft top Kicks and Tracks with locks and not too many without.  

Obviously with the softtop there's no real need for the lock anyway, but if I get a hardtop someday the option would be nice. Or the option of one of the steel boxes that goes behind the rear seats and uses the tailgate to form the back of the box would be an option then, as it is it would be kinda worthless.

I snagged one at a Junkyard that I'll need to get re-keyed, but if someone could do me a huge favor and get me the center point measurement so I can drill in the right spot I'd really appreciate it.

I need the distance from the top of the tailgate. (just measure it from the absolute top edge of the gate not the bend part, and the absolute left edge directly to the left of the lock cylinder centerpoint if you drew a line perpendicular to the top edge.  Obviously it doesn't have to be perfect but I'd like to get it as close as I can to the factory point.  

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2004, 01:47:19 AM by Z3bra »

Offline Maiden Hell

• MAIDEN HELL!
    • My Space
Re: Tracker Kick Tailgate lock
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2004, 01:54:53 AM »
I'm going to check that for you right now, I hope I do it right....

All the Sidekick and Trackers here have locks ever since they were introduced in 1989.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2004, 02:01:45 AM by In_Flames »

Offline Maiden Hell

• MAIDEN HELL!
    • My Space
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 02:00:28 AM »
Alright, from the top down to about the dead centre of the key hole it's 3 and 3/4 inches.  From the left side of the door in towards the centre of the key hole it's 2 and 3/4 inches.

Does that help?  ???

Offline Z3bra

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 03:18:01 AM »
Should do the trick.  I'm at work today so I'll check it out when I get home and see if that will let all the pushrods line up etc.  I measured it when I pulled the lock cylinder at the junkyard but didn't have any paper and promptly forgot my measurements.   I guess I can always go measure one in a parking lot if it doesn't and hope that the owner doesn't catch me in the act.

I'm dead serious though, mine doesn't have a lock and it doesn't have a hole there where one should be either.  Maybe they screwed up in the sheetmetal stampings phase and by the time in was on the car the guys doing the assembly said the hell with it or something.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2004, 03:20:48 AM by Z3bra »

Offline Maiden Hell

• MAIDEN HELL!
    • My Space
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2004, 04:24:00 AM »
I guess I can always go measure one in a parking lot if it doesn't and hope that the owner doesn't catch me in the act.

LOL!