Hello Guest

i have been trying to fix up my 1995 Suzuki Truck Sidekick 4WD 1.6L 16V MFI SOH

• 4 Replies

Offline gee wizz

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
   I  replaced the front struts and I can still feel every little bump in the road it is like I have done nothing is it the truck or the road ? Or is there more to check or do to it.

Online fordem

What tires are you running, what tire pressure are you running?  Why the front struts and not the rear shocks?  Has the truck been modified in any way?  Suspension lifted?

We're not there looking over your shoulder, we can't see what you see, if you haven't told us, we don't know.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny

Offline gee wizz

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
BFGoodrich advance TA  15 's less then yr old  air pressure ok , new shocks in rear with the struts  about 2 months ago. no kind of lift kits or mods was my father's truck i got it when he passed . just a stock sidekick 4x4
i forgot say it was doing this before the new struts is why in put the struts and shocks on to stop the rough ride  but still the same has to be something else in front ball joints or anything like that?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 03:34:09 PM by gee wizz »

Online fordem

First - what is a BF Goodrich Advance TA ?  Is it an LT tire?  What size is it?  Load rating?
Second - what's your idea of "ok" where "air pressure" is concerned?  Is it the same as mine?  There are three Suzuki Vitaras in my drive way, three different generations, they all have different sized tires and different recommended tire pressures.

Moving on - there's a ton of stuff under there - ball joints, control arms, bushing, trailing arms - that if they are the factory originals are probably worn out.

'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny

Offline RJkick

Original tire was a 27" so are you running 27inch around 30 to 35ish?
Worn front end components including springs can cause a "Rough" ride

Rough being a relative term and the Sidekick having a stiff stock ride depending on the model.  If you want a softer ride then springs and new front end maintenance components after 28 years will help immensely I would think.   Although I'm not sure how soft a ride a Sidekick can have in a 1995

Be happy on your Sidekick adventure.  They are very capable as an off road vehicle and fun to seemingly zip around in. 
92 Sidekick 1.6L 16v Calmini\OME 4.5" lift 3" Body Lift OME962 springs in front w\.75" spacers OME955 in rear w\1.75" spacers Extreme Duty Strut Eliminator kit and rear ProComp MX6 Shocks 31X10.50 Nexen M\T   Thorley Header   2" exhaust  Calmini front truss bar and stabilizer and skids   Custom Bumpers and Rock Rails  Limit Straps