Hello Guest

front 3 member ?

• 22 Replies

Offline 1bigtracker

• F*** trail rated, try trail tested
front 3 member ?
« on: December 27, 2003, 02:25:10 PM »
Ok i'm ordering the steel front member monday.  what dose it need to come out of and i'm not puting the sammy locker in so do i need that kit that was in the artical?  dose it just fit right in?   lata stu

Offline 1bigtracker

Re: front 3 member ?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 05:44:09 PM »
and just for the hell of it  dose a front or rear or diffrent year of a sammy have 22 spline side gears?  could somone just give me a list of every part needed to put the steel 3 member and locker in the front of my 93 5-speed tracker.    lata stu
« Last Edit: December 27, 2003, 05:49:45 PM by 1bigtracker »

Offline lil_Truck

• Eric Gardner
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2003, 12:41:13 AM »
I have a 96 tracker and will be doing this soon.

I know you guys talk about the XL-7 for the third member.  But I live in a GM town and don't even know where a zuki dealership is.  Does any of the Trackers have the steel front member?  
e-mail: liltruck|removethispart|@comcast.net
96 Tracker
6" Calimini Lift with custom Frame
32 MTR's Warn 8000i
Front/Rear ARB's Many New Mods soon.

Offline Zukipilot

• stretch the limits of reality!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2003, 02:04:36 AM »
Some of the GV's have steel 3rd's with a mount like on the Tracker 3rd. The GV XL-7 uses a completely different mount that appeard to be a stronger design. Check out the article Bill wrote on installing a GV steel front, and I have one on the Anvil/XL-7 install in the article archives.

I think this is correct but someone confirm:
GV 2001 and up, V-6, 5 speed have the steel 3rd.
On the XL-7 there is a couple of models that have alum. but most have the steel (dont know which ones)

The parts guys at the Suzuki Dealerships were little or no help. I ended up getting info from this board (search for anvil or XL-7), and parts from Hawk and Eric.

Zig
« Last Edit: December 28, 2003, 02:05:25 AM by Zukipilot »
Zukipilot
'92 Liberty Overland Sidekick

Offline 1bigtracker

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2003, 04:26:56 AM »
I would really like to put a sammy third member in but they are a 26 spines right.  and mine is a 93" witch is a 22 spine right.  and i can't find any newer trackers around here for 26 spine CVs so i'm kinda stuck.  I'll keep looking.  lata stu

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2003, 08:00:26 AM »
Here's some info that will help. The GSP part number for the Steel XL.7 3rd member housing is 27450-68D10 This number will make it so you can call up your favorite Suzuki dealer and order it right over the counter.

This 3rd member housing can be loaded with your gears, traction device, and placed into the Aluminum housings, the Steel XL.7 or GV housings, or Anvil. You will need the mounting brackets for the 'snout' mount.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Mikerpm4x4

• Redline... all the time!
    • www.rpm4x4.com
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2003, 11:37:55 AM »
1bigtracker, I think you were asking if samis came with 22 spline. All front samis are 22 spline. I heard a rumor that 95 sami came with 26 but Ive never seen it.

Mike
If your not living life to the fullest then your not living at all.

You wont really know if your wrong till your upsidedown

Offline 1bigtracker

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2003, 01:45:27 PM »
ok i'm confused :'((ya it happends).  hear is my ? you whom ever can awnser it.  can i take a sammy third member(front or rear?), put my 5:13 gears in it with a locker and keep my 22 spline stuff and put it in my stock 93' tracker? and can somone give me a list of stuff needed to do the whole thing(right down to the nuts and bolts... well mabey not that far). thanks to everyone that is helping me with my stupidity.  lata stu

Offline pdasilva

• Suzuki Rules...
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2003, 05:26:02 PM »
The sammy 3rd memmeber will not fit into the tracker,only the sammy carrier..

Offline pdasilva

• Suzuki Rules...
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2003, 05:55:09 PM »
The rear sammy carrier is a 4 pin carrier with 26 spline sidegears,the front sammy carrier is mostly a 2 pin carrier with 22 spline sidegears.

The following parts will be needed for upgrading the front 3rd aluminiun to steel and installing,and if you wanna install a lockright locker a rear sammy carrier is needed.

1.1999 2.5 v6 front 3rd member
2.1999 2.5v6 front housing (optional)
If you not going to install a locker then you can just swop all your parts from your old housing to the new.If you wanna install a lockright locker then you will need a sammy carrier .The following is then needed..

1. Machined rear sammy carrier,with lockright 1510 locker  and 26 spline sidegears.The 26 spline axles are stronger than the 22,and worthwhile upgrading.
2. A diff can to hold your pins from falling out
3. 26 spline axles from a 95 tracker or upwards.

Im busy with this install at the moment,just wating for my 26 spline axles and a diff can. I will take pics of all the parts and post it soon..

Offline 1bigtracker

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2003, 03:31:27 AM »
so i could keep my 22 spline stuff?  lata stu

Offline Zukipilot

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2003, 03:55:47 AM »
Yes, I ran my stock 89 Kick Side gears, inner axle and stock half shafts until I did the Anvil. Then I upgraded to the 26 spline to accept the Stub shaft that comes with the Anvil.

The main thing is that you will have to have the Sami Carrier Machined to accept the pasenger side half shaft, unless your going Anvil??? with a stub shaft. I had mine torn apart and completely reassembled before I realized that >:(

Or if you are wanting to keep your stock Kick carrier and all, Yes that will work with no machineing.

Zig
Zukipilot

Offline 1bigtracker

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2003, 04:34:39 AM »
ok well heres my plan.  i wana get a sammy rear third member from the junk yard and call hawk(i think) and have them send me everything else(locker, Carrier Machined, diff. can).  i can assemble it in the shop because have all the right tools to do it.  thanks stu

Offline Zukipilot

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2003, 04:53:13 AM »
ok well heres my plan.  i wana get a sammy rear third member from the junk yard and call hawk(i think) and have them send me everything else(locker, Carrier Machined, diff. can).  i can assemble it in the shop because have all the right tools to do it.  thanks stu

OK now I'm confused  :-/ I dont know why, how or where I heard it, but I dont believe that the Sami rear 3rd housing will work in a Kick. I dont know if it was the mounting bracket at the 'snout', ring and pinoin depth or what ??? If you had that worked out you could save yourself some $'s by buying the complete rear third and taking the carrier to a local machine shop and get it bored out to fit the passenger side 1/2 shaft.

Zig

Check your PM
Zukipilot

Offline 1bigtracker

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2003, 06:03:17 AM »
i heard that you can take a front third member out of a tracker and put it in the rear of a sammy(i think).   now why couldn't we just swich the two around.  lata stu
  ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ