Hello Guest

JARBIDGE - Nevada Mountains Adventure. 9/2 to 9/6, 2021

• 10 Replies

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
JARBIDGE - Nevada Mountains Adventure. 9/2 to 9/6, 2021
« on: August 14, 2021, 11:55:31 AM »
JARBIDGE, NV - Several years ago, on one of our epic ZUKIWORLD adventures, long before the term "overland" was really anything other than the word after "Willys" we were on a journey along the northern edge of Nevada exploring ghost towns and abandoned mines. After days and countless miles of exploration on this rewarding trek we climbed into a far-away wonderland nestled in a majestic yet little-known mountain range. This wonderous place was called Jarbidge. At the time, we knew we wanted to come back to this area to explore but time passed as life, work, and whatever happens and we just never got back there. Well, now is the time. Let's go.

September 2nd to 6th. Staging out of Buhl, Idaho into the mountains of Nevada and then back out (loop)

If you want to go, PM me and I'll set you up with specific details. -Eric

Here's some b-roll background stuff. (images curtesy of exploringwild.com)

https://youtu.be/xgVDnhunJJs

https://youtu.be/dWi1O12mH9M
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
Re: JARBIDGE - Nevada Mountains Adventure. 9/2 to 9/6, 2021
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 10:14:50 AM »
I put this video together from our trip in 2016; some good shots of the area around Jarbidge. 

https://youtu.be/qQFW6diL86s
My rig is a fusion of Jazz and Funk; I call it JUNK

Offline Dughrt

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 02:10:39 PM »
That looks like a great place to explore. Not sure if I can get Thursday and Friday off work. I just got back from a 2 week vacation. I will have to see what I can get away with.

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 10:02:48 AM »
A text has gone out with details to those that expressed interest in going. It looks to be a cozy group of 4 vehicles so far. We're base camping in Jarbidge and doing day trips out of the area. Unbeknownst to me, there is a whole schedule of events in Jarbidge this weekend. We may just have to catch some of this stuff in the evenings.. It may be a mad house.. J/K.. probably like 10 extra people. :)  Not too late to get in on this. Just send me a PM on this forum or text my number if you have it.

-Eric

Labor Day Weekend
Saturday, September 4th JCA Yard Sale Community Hall
Murder Walk 10:00 AM Start |removethispart|@Trading Post
JCA Fajitas & Margaritas 12:30 – 3:00 PM Community Hall
Outdoor Inn - Live Music: 8:00 PM - ?
The Jarbidge Arts Council Presents:
“A Woman’s Place” 7:00 PM Pioneer Park

Sunday, September 5th JCA Yard Sale Community Hall
Parade: Noon Main Street
Outdoor Inn Annual Corn Feed: 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Outdoor Inn - Live Music: 8:00 PM - ?
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 12:25:04 PM »
I'm still missing parts from when they cut my catalytic converter out, in Salt Lake City.

I received the new cat, pipe, exhaust donut gasket, and exhaust manifold gasket. I haven't received the replacement collector assembly from where they cut the end of my header off. I can't find a stock exhaust manifold in time.

Offline bolesz

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2022, 03:26:44 PM »
Just read the review of the trip.  Sounds like a nice trip.  Would be interested in joining up on the next one.
Brian

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2022, 08:43:33 AM »
Hello Brian - we are kicking around doing this again late in the summer. All we really need is a few Suzuki drivers to be interested and we'll set it up. You're the first. :)

-Eric

Just read the review of the trip.  Sounds like a nice trip.  Would be interested in joining up on the next one.
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline Dughrt

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2022, 07:55:26 AM »
 I want to go back. Probably with a different Suzuki this time. Maybe the diesel samurai, if I can get it running. Wait did they have diesel at the little gas station?

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2022, 02:01:29 PM »
I don't recall if they had diesel.. Makes sense that they would with the active mining operation nearby. May have to call the Bar to find out. So, I'm thinking of going again late summer and would love to take a small group to the area. I think this time we could try and tackle some of the more 'trail like' roads there... Doug, would you be up for a late August / Early September adventure?   Anyone else?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline bolesz

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2022, 03:01:35 PM »
I would still like to go but would have to be late September or October for me.
Brian

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2022, 09:49:28 AM »
Matt has made a video of the previous Jarbidge adventure... It's here... https://youtu.be/7GWBlDuOjxc 

Let's go!
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online