Hello Guest

Toyota IFS swap into ‘92 tracker

• 6 Replies

Offline tracker954x4

• Instagram link
Toyota IFS swap into ‘92 tracker
« on: August 07, 2021, 09:46:57 AM »
So, here’s an idea I’ve been kicking around for a while: Swap the entire IFS suspension, axles, differentials, and brakes from a 2nd or 3rd gen Toyota 4Runner into my ‘92 Tracker. Has anyone else done this?

My reasonings behind this are as follows:
Platform for Long Travel IFS at a later date
Stronger axles
And most importantly…. I DON’T WANT TO DO A SOLID AXLE SWAP 🤣 I want it to be different.
tracker954x4

Re: Toyota IFS swap into ‘92 tracker
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 10:01:14 AM »
One of the Indonesian Vitara guys is running a 1st gen with a Toyota IFS and Toyota solid rear.

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 06:26:16 PM »
It seems as though I have seen that idea bantered about elsewhere, but have yet to see it done.  Maybe over at Pirate4x4.  I do not remember what variant they were going to use in order to have a similar width.  It would probably need to be included with a rear axle swap to keep your bolt patterns the same.
1995 Sidekick JLX
16v 5 spd, milled head, LROR Stage 2 clutch
2" Spacer lift, XL7 rear springs,  2nd Gen front springs, W-Body GM Struts on front
OEM ROOF RACK!!!

Offline Toys-n-Joys

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2021, 11:40:12 PM »
https://www.pirate4x4.com/threads/toyota-front-differential-in-vitara-56k-say-what.318480/

It's been done and a few write ups are available online. Some are missing pictures.

I want to run Toyota cv axles eventually but going with the drivers side stub mod for the pass side. So I can carry one spare cv and fix either side. Then once I have that buy the Toyota cv kit from zukparts.

Toyota front end should be stronger, alot more gears and lockers available

Offline tracker954x4

• Instagram link
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2021, 12:20:08 PM »
It seems as though I have seen that idea bantered about elsewhere, but have yet to see it done.  Maybe over at Pirate4x4.  I do not remember what variant they were going to use in order to have a similar width.  It would probably need to be included with a rear axle swap to keep your bolt patterns the same.
Correct, my plan is to run front and rear Toyota axles. Currently searching for a donor vehicle that doesn’t cost a fortune and 100’s of miles away.
tracker954x4

Offline tracker954x4

• Instagram link
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2021, 09:24:00 AM »
Status update:

I have acquired a font end setup and rear axle from an ‘89 Toyota pickup. Now to convert it from torsion bars to Coilovers while grafting everything to the Tracker frame. Also plan on making it long travel in the process. Should be fun, just hope I’m not overly ambitious 🤣.

tracker954x4

Offline 40nTheFloor

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2022, 02:40:40 AM »
What references are you using to perform the conversion? This would be good to keep in mind but I think it is a large project. Was your donor a full size pickup or a Tacoma?