Hello Guest

Sammi 1987

• 97 Replies

Offline warrpath4x4

Re: Sammi 1987
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2021, 12:03:54 PM »
not your typical store bought nerf bar

this thing is 1/8" thick and welded to the frame, but it hangs down too low for me.

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2021, 02:15:29 PM »
What ratio are you running in the diffs?  Those nerf bars are all there!
1995 Sidekick JLX
16v 5 spd, milled head, LROR Stage 2 clutch
2" Spacer lift, XL7 rear springs,  2nd Gen front springs, W-Body GM Struts on front
OEM ROOF RACK!!!

Offline warrpath4x4

« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2021, 02:48:03 PM »
the diffs are stock 3:73 for right now, I might re-gear it later but just want to get it driving again before the snow falls.

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2021, 06:49:01 AM »
Not sure if you have checked out Low Range Off Road, but I am on their email list.  Got an email today about new items in their Clearance section.  One of them is the Samurai windshield frame, if you are still looking for one.
1995 Sidekick JLX
2" Spacer lift, XL7 rear springs,  2nd Gen front springs, W-Body GM Struts on front
OEM ROOF RACK!!!

Offline warrpath4x4

« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2021, 09:01:29 AM »
Not sure if you have checked out Low Range Off Road, but I am on their email list.  Got an email today about new items in their Clearance section.  One of them is the Samurai windshield frame, if you are still looking for one.

thanks for the heads up, I will go check it out

Offline warrpath4x4

« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2021, 10:20:54 AM »
with the holidays and cold temps, nothing has gotten done really. I did bring the knuckles and spindles into work and run them through our chemical parts washer and steam washer.

right now were dealing with highs in the teens and low 20's and the shop feels colder inside than outside, makes it very hard to want to do anything so im picking one of these up.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HX24JKC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

says it heats 1,000 sqft of space, should make it nice and toasty in my 200+/- sqft space lol.

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2021, 03:33:59 PM »
I have a similar heater, and it is great!  I need to buy a new regulator for mine, as it began leaking, so I can't use it right now.  I need to get motivated about getting an indoor place cleaned up to work in!
1995 Sidekick JLX
OEM ROOF RACK!!!

Offline warrpath4x4

« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2023, 11:06:10 PM »
wow its been 1.5 almost 2 years since i have done anything with this, between multiple projects (this, XJ, stepside, tractor), ranch, life, being a board member of our local rodeo arena, there just hasnt been much time or drive to work on any of the projects. its also just seems like on the vehicle projects im always playing "but first", i need to work on the stepside but it still runs and is a "back up" rig BUT FIRST i need to get the 94 XJ up and going, BUT FIRST i need to get the 93 XJ out of the way, BUT FIRST i need to get the tractor fixed. such is life right? right??

We were supposed to be going with some friends on the WABDR (Washington Backroad Discovery Route) this weekend but a family medical issue is preventing that so i have the rest of this week off. Barring a huge honey-do list i am going to try and finish up the tractor and start back in on the Samurai. I ordered a new clutch for it, transfer case is still out, makes pulling the trans pretty easy and a no brainer at this point. Also picked up a straight windshield frame for it for $80 off FB market place.

goal is to tear the front third member back out and switch the spider gears to some OEM rear spiders instead of the aftermarket ones i have not been happy with. put the front axle back together getting it on 4 tires again. pull the trans and do the clutch. get the transfer case and cradle put back in place.