Hello Guest

2021 ZUKIWORLD Fall Classic - November 19th thru 21st. WITH A POLL / PLEASE VOTE

• 38 Replies

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
Zukiworld Fall Classic 2021 - Bend, OR
November 19th – 21st   

Hello Adventure Enthusiasts!

Here's a rough itinerary, a couple of requests, and instructions for those that are planning on coming on this year's ZUKIWORLD FALL CLASSIC! The first thing to do would be to read over the previous adventures and see if you're up to being cold and dirty for three days and to see if this trip would be something that would interest you. Ok - Here's the roughed in schedule! Please note that depending on weather and other conditions, we may not do all of the items listed below. If I have you on 'the list' you'll receive an email with specific coordinates to base camp and other information. If you haven't received an email and are planning on attending, please send me an email at ebewley[at]zukiworld.com

2021 Itinerary
Thursday:

-- Meet at Gordy's Truck Stop  2PM (Gas & last minute Grocery) Leave 2:30PM
-- Drive around the South side of Paulina towards camp.
-- Get to Camp in Afternoon

Friday:

-- GET UP EARLY to visit the A6 war plane crash site. (Stop in Christmas Valley for Lunch, probably)
-- Camp and Have a Chili Potluck  & Social around 6PM
-- Optional Night ride

Saturday:

-- Wake up! - ZW Geo Cache
-- Loop South to take in Thompson Reservoir area, see the Bootleg Fire area, Winter Rim (sites in-between)
-- Stop at Cowboy Dinner Tree for those that have reservations around 6PM, others drive on and perhaps eat at one of the two fine
establishments in Ft Rock Diner/Bar
-- Campground shenanigans

Sunday:

-- Wake up (again) & break camp - Pine Mountain Radio Towers
-- Get to Bend and Disperse/Disband 5PM

Requests / Instructions:

1 - Send and email to me ebewley[at]zukiworld.com letting me you're attending (please include a cell number type of vehicle, where you are coming from and how many will be in your group)
2 - Watch this thread for more information. (A list of attendees will be generated in this thread as verification that we know you're going)
3 - An email will be sent to those that are attending with finalized details including specific meeting locations, times, maps, etc...
4 - It most likely will be very cold. (bring what you need to survive AND enjoy yourself)
5 - Have a 200 mile range with your vehicle.
6 - Bring an arm load of fire wood to help out or means to gather some firewood on our way to camp.
7 - Suzuki mfg vehicle or special guest.
8 - Trailers, motor-homes, & campers are a NO-NO, this event is about the elements and simple camping, If you need to haul, consider dropping off in LaPine and driving your adventure rig from there.
9 - If you bring a dog, make sure it is well behaved or you may be asked to camp far, far away from the group.
10 - We'll be using FM radios and the MURS channels. We may switch to FRS channels to accommodate but no one will have a CB.
11 - Chili Potluck is where each person brings a can of chili to throw into a big pot. AND A SIDE ITEM THAT YOU'LL SHARE

We'll provide the cooking you bring the chili.

Thanks, Eric .
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 09:03:11 AM by ebewley »
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline Dughrt

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
Re: 2021 ZUKIWORLD Fall Classic - November 19th thru 21st.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 08:36:18 AM »
  Rim Butte, China Hat, Skylight Cave, maybe a hot spring 
  I have never been disappointed by any of the places that we go but I have heard about these spots and not yet been.

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 02:25:17 PM »
Hey Doug - Let's incorporate some of those spots. Rim Butte is tough that time of year because it's been under snow the last few years.. We'll find some cool stuff though, I've been scouting the area. :)

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 08:34:15 PM »
I would surely love to come join this!  I just don't know about the 2-3 days driving each way...
1995 Sidekick JLX
16v 5 spd, milled head, LROR Stage 2 clutch
2" Spacer lift, XL7 rear springs,  2nd Gen front springs, W-Body GM Struts on front
OEM ROOF RACK!!!

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2021, 05:03:31 PM »
I would surely love to come join this!  I just don't know about the 2-3 days driving each way...

That would be quite a haul...

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2021, 09:13:57 PM »
Will we start off in a campground or in Bend? I have stayed out there a couple of times when we were working in Prineville. Hard to pass up the brewery, when in Bend. Lot's of good food options in Bend too.

Offline Dughrt

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2021, 01:13:14 PM »
Base camp is out near the Fort Rock area. The wife and I usually try to make a pit stop in Bend on the way down or the way back. I agree lots of great places to eat and drink in Bend.

Offline warrpath4x4

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2021, 08:42:42 AM »
as someone who is new here, is this a base camp and travel out each day and return to base camp, or is it moving camp each night?

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2021, 11:34:01 AM »
 Hello There!  When we first started doing this we dig a wagon-train adventure that is to say, we would break camp each day and camp somewhere new each night as we traveled along the land. However, I'd say for the last 10 years or so, we've camped at a single location and did day-trips to and from this spot. We intend to do that again this year. There is a thread in this sub-forum that has a lot of stories from over the years and you can see what to expect from that...  -Eric

as someone who is new here, is this a base camp and travel out each day and return to base camp, or is it moving camp each night?
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2021, 11:35:52 AM »
The "Event" will start at basecamp near Ft. Rock. Having said that, a lot of the time people will go in groups to Bend a day earlier and enjoy before driving out as a group. This can be preferred if one is unsure of how to get to camp.  (We'll have really good instructions and it's pretty easy, don't worry.... :)  )  -Eric

Will we start off in a campground or in Bend? I have stayed out there a couple of times when we were working in Prineville. Hard to pass up the brewery, when in Bend. Lot's of good food options in Bend too.

Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline mverley

• SPACE JUNK
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2021, 09:54:50 AM »
As always; I'll be there!  I should be rocking the Timberdrone Frontier/Equator again this year.  Not sure if I'll have Luke this year, as he'll be busy at OSU...
My rig is a fusion of Jazz and Funk; I call it JUNK

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2021, 07:22:16 AM »
Ok, it's time to put some form to this event... For people that are thinking about going, what in Central Oregon would you like to do? I can throw a poll if we think that'd help. Doug threw out some good suggestions of " Rim Butte, China Hat, Skylight Cave, maybe a hot spring " anything else on people's mind?

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Offline darnold87

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2021, 06:54:46 PM »
Mason and I will be there. 
GX470 or Sidekick.
~Davey
'94 Suzuki Sidekick
'92 Suzuki Swift GT
'04 Lexus GX470

Offline Dughrt

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2021, 07:19:36 AM »
My brother and Sister in-law came over yesterday and I helped them order a bunch of stuff from Low Range for her sidekick. She is trying to get me to install everything before the trip.

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2021, 01:23:04 PM »
Very cool! I've got some things to straighten out too after the Jarbidge trip. Mainly, the fans... oh, the horrid fans.

-Eric

My brother and Sister in-law came over yesterday and I helped them order a bunch of stuff from Low Range for her sidekick. She is trying to get me to install everything before the trip.

Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online