Hello Guest

01 Vitara 2.0L Auto 4x4

• 1 Replies

Offline DesertTramp

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
01 Vitara 2.0L Auto 4x4
« on: August 28, 2020, 05:13:49 PM »
My check engine light comes and goes. Went to AutoZone to have codes read. Was told the B solenoid in my transmission was what was triggering my check engine light. When the light is on I get unusual shifting. The trans has a variety of problems when the light is on. I notice that when the light is off, accelerating quickly will make it come on, climbing steep mountain roads makes it come on. Being an intermittent problem, is there a way to test this solenoid? Or something common to the B solenoid that causes it to trigger the check engine light? Or is it something you just replace. If it's something you just replace, should I do the A solenoid at the same time. Where is it on the trans?  If it needs to be replaced, how? My Vitara has 195,000 miles on it.

Online fordem

Re: 01 Vitara 2.0L Auto 4x4
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 06:04:28 PM »
Didn't we just have this discussion in another thread?  The solenoid is internal to the transmission, not something a saturday mechanic who needs to ask where/what it is is likely to be changing on their own, and not necessarily the cause of the code, depending on exactly which of the codes was set - see my reply in your other thread for a better explanation.
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny