Hello Guest

Sidekick Sport build 2

• 141 Replies

Re: Sidekick Sport build 2
« Reply #135 on: December 07, 2021, 06:29:19 PM »

I am pretty sure that I replied to this a while back, but I just received a notification of your post.

I thought about seats for a while, before deciding on these. I didn't want it to look like a poorly executed swap. I measure the space and the width of several seats, before just going with these.They fit well, there was a bracket available, although it isn't a perfect bolt in for the Sport.

That is the factory center console / cup holder for the Sport. That is the factory rear window switch location. There are other connectors under there. I am not sure what they are for.

« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2022, 12:08:24 AM »
I finally mounted the Altered Ego lower front control arms. The additional 1.5" has been great. My tires don't try to rip my fenders off, if I turn too far.

« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2022, 12:13:36 AM »
I was too late to make the fall classic. I arrived to Utah on the start day, but had to prep the Sidekick and make a 12 hour drive. Which means it would have been a 12 hour drive back or ship the Sidekick. I decided to mount my Altered Ego lower A-arms. After that, we drove the Lake Mountains and Little Moab.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 12:17:54 AM by Ridjobradi »

Offline JollyZuk

• ZUKIWORLD Online!
« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2023, 07:07:52 PM »
Your rig is sure looking sweet!  Do you have any comparison pics of the control arms?
1995 Sidekick JLX
16v 5 spd, milled head, LROR Stage 2 clutch
2" Spacer lift, XL7 rear springs,  2nd Gen front springs, W-Body GM Struts on front
OEM ROOF RACK!!!

« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2023, 01:46:44 PM »
JollyZuk - I did not get pics of the control arms, but you can find them on the Altered Ego website. I was able to post pics of the clearance between the tires and fenders, both before and after the install.

The parts came in quickly. The shipping time may have been luck that they had them ready. The control arms went in without any issues. They were also a very welcome upgrade.

I have unfortunately sold the Sidekick recently and moved to a much larger rig. I only used it for trail runs and don't work in Utah as much as I used to. I picked up a rig that I will use for longer rides and an more easily use as a daily

« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2023, 06:35:36 AM »
Anyone of the forum near Galveston, TX? I have a couple of good transfer cases, several oil filers, air filters, some new brake parts, etc. I'm cleaning out the Sidekick stuff from my garage to make room for the new build.

« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2023, 07:50:30 AM »
Everything has been claimed.