Hello Guest

Lift with the comfortable ride for cheap??

• 3 Replies

Lift with the comfortable ride for cheap??
« on: June 09, 2015, 10:15:06 PM »
hello fellow Sammie's,

I'm a proud owner of a 86 JX sammi with a old man emu spring under kit, looking for a little more lift but I don't want to lose the cushy ride that it currently has, Ive been told my options are either shackles, leaf springs or a SPOA. I do drive it on the street and my wife drives it as well, when at the desert my buddy has a SPOA on his 88 and he cannot catch me in the washes due to his stiff suspension because I hug the dirt and absorb the bumps to where he bounces around like crazy, I'm honestly wanting to lift it for cosmetic reasons only. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Sammi on !!  :D

Online fordem

Re: Lift with the comfortable ride for cheap??
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 05:29:09 AM »
How much lift are you looking for?
'98 SQ420 Grand Vitara
'05 JB420 Grand Vitara
'16 APK416 Vitara
'21 A6G415 Jimny

Offline nprecon

• ONWARD... through the fog!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 12:32:13 PM »
Would not the Calmini 2" shackle reversal kit work with the OME springs?

https://www.calmini.com/detail.php?b=2&m=40&t=1&p=649&n=
'02 Chezuki Tracker with a 2 Liter and 5spd.  It works for me!!!

Offline ebewley

• ZUKIWORLD Online, Editor
    • ZUKIWORLD online
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 06:42:56 AM »
If it's for cosmetic, I definitely recommend doing nothing. More lift, bigger tires, etc.. almost always equal a worse ride, lack of power, and so on. Keep it small and nimble... You're already out doing your buddy. Why reduce your performance to match his?

Having said that for desert running the 2" shackle reverse plus the OME would be a good combination. Make sure and save money for good shocks. If you're thinking of spending $19.95 on a shock, don't! Pony up and get something good.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

-Eric
Eric L. Bewley                               
Editor, ZUKIWORLD Online                   

Suzuki 4x4 Owners Association - Please Join  The ZUKIWORLD ORDER Today!
About ZUKIWORLD Online: We are an enthusiast web site dedicated to the promotion of the Suzuki Automobile as the best and most capable vehicle on the planet. We offer product reviews, Tech tips, DIY, Travel and Adventure, Forum, Technical information, Life Style, and so much more!