Hello Guest

G16/Tracker other injectors that fit the rail?

• 7 Replies

Offline zuki1018

G16/Tracker other injectors that fit the rail?
« on: October 23, 2012, 05:35:46 PM »
Once posted, never resolved.

If you know of a larger injector that physically works with the stock fuel rail, please post.  A denzo number, year/make/model/engine, or anything else more specific is needed.  I know the Trackers have the odd-ball connector types but just not sure which donors will physically fit on the rail.  I can re-wire a different connector style if you know of one that will physically fit. Im looking for something in the 250cc plug range (prefer 330/390/420) and preferably from another 4cyl donor vehicle.

Thanks.

Offline dectar99

Re: G16/Tracker other injectors that fit the rail?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 06:53:57 PM »
Just looking at the pictures in the factory service manual it looks like they just push into the rail and are held in with a
o-ring, you might check the junk yards for a late model VW Jetta/Golf/Passat they also just push in and are held by
the o-ring, if they look like they will work you can check with a Bosch Dist. and they can look up the injector for the CFM.
also if they work there a lot of VW performance places that sell HP injectors.  also Audi is the same

Hope this helps....

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 06:16:25 PM »
I know for a FACT that Nissan V6 Pathfinder injectors of the mid to late 90's fit. They plug into the stock wiring and are a 210 as opposed to the stock 175's. I don't have the pn off hand but I'll do a bit of searching in my receipt pile and try and find it.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline zuki1018

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 05:11:11 AM »
I know for a FACT that Nissan V6 Pathfinder injectors of the mid to late 90's fit. They plug into the stock wiring and are a 210 as opposed to the stock 175's. I don't have the pn off hand but I'll do a bit of searching in my receipt pile and try and find it.

Thanks both of you. I did recall your input from the same post a good while back. A couple of confirmations will def. aid in cross referencing. My short term goal is to move from 6-8psi to 10-12psi... for fun bursts anyway. From reading Saab forums, my snail runs out of steam in the 15-18 range. Putting the 1.6 on the efficientcy map, around 12 is still in the 80% area. Roughly 140-155hp calculated.

Offline bentparts

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 04:00:34 AM »
Keep and eye on your egt's. Those cast pistons really don't like that kind of treatment, not to mention the crank. 

Offline zuki1018

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 05:01:03 AM »
Keep and eye on your egt's. Those cast pistons really don't like that kind of treatment, not to mention the crank. 

I'll monitor EGTs if u monitor AFRs lol!!

Good point. I'm running out of real estate for guages... Only 1 dash vent left!!

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 03:52:47 PM »
Some Subaru injectors fit too, there was a thread on redlinegti.com and itsdamo's turbo Baleno with a bunch of numbers in it.
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org

Offline bentparts

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 05:59:43 PM »

I'll monitor EGTs if u monitor AFRs lol!!

Good point. I'm running out of real estate for guages... Only 1 dash vent left!!

As long as I'm not lean and still averaging 22 mpg I'll save the money for fuel to go wheeling!  :laugh: