Hello Guest

Cant keep it running.

• 5 Replies

Cant keep it running.
« on: October 23, 2012, 08:26:29 AM »
Hello!! I am new to the forum, I bought a 86 Suzuki Samurai and it was in very rough shape. When I bought it, I got it home and went through it and changed all the oils in everything, dropped the fuel and cleaned out the tank and put on a new fuel filter. The old carb was in really rough shape and didnt have all the parts so I decided to put on a new weber carb, and had it tuned (by a mechanic) and was running excellent. I have had a couple mechanics that have looked and heard the motor run and were very pleased on how well it ran. We had it out several times and it ran pretty sweet!! But then one day we were out with it climbing hills and it started to spit and sputter and had no power. To me it was like it lost its tune or something or has a air leak. I cant keep it running very smooth, or even at all if I take my foot off the fuel. I have changed the plugs and wires, even the distributor. I have changed out the fuel filter again cause it did seem to be a bit dirty. I have seen a bit of dirt in the carb and had it cleaned out. i drained the fuel tank again and cleaned it out. I also disconnected to hose off the fuel pump and checked it and seems to be pushing fuel through pretty good. I am kinda at a stand still and cant seem to figure out what is wong or what I should check out next. Being its my toy and my project, I kinda hate to take it to a mechanic again and get hosed. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Offline talonxracer

Re: Cant keep it running.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 10:09:27 AM »
There is probably debris within the passages of the carb, it needs to be disassembled and cleaned.
Tim "the toolman" Taylor is my HERO !!!

The only GOOD Commie is the commie taking a dirt nap....

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 10:59:18 AM »
The carb has been disasembled cleaned and checked but still doesnt change how it ran.

Offline talonxracer

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 11:53:30 AM »
Do a compression check
Tim "the toolman" Taylor is my HERO !!!

The only GOOD Commie is the commie taking a dirt nap....

Offline Tan Zuk

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 01:51:54 PM »

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 07:23:36 AM »
Thanks guys!! I will report back once I get a chance to check this stuff out...