Hello Guest

81 samurai sj410! new rear floor fabrication!

• 1 Replies

81 samurai sj410! new rear floor fabrication!
« on: September 14, 2012, 12:33:12 AM »
hey guys this is my first time on the forums. Just felt like showing pics of a project my dad an i are working on. We bought the suzuki last year for 500 bucks and were doing this on the cheap. we also use basic tools to do this.. hand sheers to cut the sheet metal and two 3" peices of angle iron in the vice for out bends. feedback would be very nice, opinions on making things better too :) thanks if you bothered to read this and view my pics.

this is how we got it.. other side is pretty much the same

this is what was left after we cut the rust away

and this is what we did with it all

we forgot to prime the first patches but il fix those later

this rear corner was rotted.. out so we did this? lol my handy work :) first time with sheet metal.. i know it shows but its not like were gona pay somebody to do this right?  :laugh:  

this pic was after we finished the passanger side just to see the look of it when its done..

well here you go! the reason why we made such boxy inner fenders. because we used.. a set of ford truck box fenders! cant be sure of the year.. something like 88-90 we saved these and they cost us nothing basicly seemed like they would give a nice stiffness and a decent look.

i know some people may hate the idea of a ford part on a suzuki! but.. hey it works the overlaps will be welded.. then a thin coat of bondo it doesnt need to be perfect but we will try our best il post more pictures in the future, the sheet metal work is all done now. were going to clean up and paint the frame. new gas tank. shocks. bushings in the sprink shackles and.. fix the break line, we dont really know who worked on this thing befor us but were gona do it right! let me know what you think. thanks for looking

« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 12:42:43 AM by Jacq2056 »

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Re: 81 samurai sj410! new rear floor fabrication!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 11:06:23 AM »
Nice work!  Now you can run the larger tires without a lift.  :D

If you need parts give Trail Tough a call.  They have a lot of Hawk Suzuki's old parts and they were one of the few places in the states that got the SJ-410 parts correct the first time I ordered them. 
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing