Hello Guest

Struts and shocks 93 Tracker

• 2 Replies

Struts and shocks 93 Tracker
« on: August 16, 2012, 07:19:02 AM »
I didnt get a response in the noob section....
So I'm a noob with a 93 Tracker 4x4 that needs new Struts and shocks. I would love suggestions for a decent set that gives me a little bang for the buck. My budget is a bit tight unfortunately but I will not be doing much serious off-roading. Daily driven with light to moderate trail riding a few times per year. Also, would this be a good time to slap in some 1.5 inch spacers? This will give me a slight lift correct? I have 235/75/15 tires on there now which are as big as will fit stock. Not really looking for extra space for larger tires, just to give the ones on there a little more room and lift the body another inch of the ground. I figure going with small spacers would limit other complications. Am I correct?   I am assuming it needs new struts by the way it squirms after I hit a large bump. It tracks straight on the highway but once I go for a turn it squirms in towards the inside of the turn so I have to be careful. No evidence of toe-in or uneven tire wear... alignment seems fine other than the squirms. Sorry for using the word squirm 3 times in this message.... ok 4.

Thanks,
Dustin

Offline Drone637

• Evil Cow
Re: Struts and shocks 93 Tracker
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2012, 04:03:43 PM »
Strut spacers are the best bang for your buck lift, but springs will give you smoother ride.  As for struts, in the front Bilsteins will give you everything you need but are expensive.  The KGB struts are about half the cost and about the same ride.  Not sure how well they hold up to high speed runs across the desert though, but if your mostly on-road you probably don't need to worry about that.

It sounds like you might have some suspension wear though, you might want to check the bushings.  BRD HNTR's rig had a bad diving problem between lanes and it ended up one of his camber bolts were broken.
96 Geo Tracker, x-SJ-410,  x-White Rabbit, x-Project Trouble
Crawlers NorthWest
x-Trouble Racing

Offline truk1

Re: Struts and shocks 93 Tracker
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 07:40:23 AM »
theres a used set of blisteins in classifeds. not mine just saying. 
91 sidekick 4x4 header,