Hello Guest

Finally found a decent Sammy -- Ran great for exactly 15 miles...........

• 2 Replies

Offline akelroy

I have been looking on craigslist for a reliable Deer Lease rig, and the Sammy seamed to be the best bet for squeezing through the narrow draws of my property. I found a decent 1992 JL, black, 138,000 miles, excellent original paint & no rust whatsoever. Drove decent enough, no leaks & no smoke, so I haggled from a ridiculous $4800 down to a just plain unreasonable $3800. In south Texas, these little guys are creating their own market, rust-free, smoke free versions are really hard to find.

So it sits in the driveway, now leaking antifreeze, dragging the muffler, and out of gas because I have no key for the filler cap. The motor that ran perfectly yesterday is now coughing & sputtering. Even the speedo  stopped working by the time I completed the 15 mile drive home. Apparently, I suck at checking out a used purchase. That, and the seller was less than forthcoming. Shocker, that.

I need a good honest mechanic in San Antonio to help me get this little guy back on the road without a second mortgage. Any recomendations? Thanks----

Question with boldness. Hold to the truth. Speak without fear.

Offline Jonny Rash

• Too many Samurais, too little time
Post some pictures of your rig and we can help you fix the issues one by one.  8)
25+ years of Samurai ownership!

Offline akelroy

I appreciate it. Just searching the forum has already provided tons of help. I am still happy with my purchase, and looking forward to getting it on the road. Since the engine didn't start coughing until the gage read empty, It may just be choking on fumes or silt. No biggie. The antifreeze leak looks like it may just be a bad overflow bottle or the fitting beneath it, since the radiator is completely full and the bottle completely dry; no more drips since the bottle went dry. Already ordered tires (Mud T/A's; too much mesquite to skimp on tires; tirerack had the best price), & muffler, and will hopefully be ready for lease deployment in a couple of weeks.
Question with boldness. Hold to the truth. Speak without fear.