Hello Guest

Lift for 95 Geo Tracker!!!

• 16 Replies

Re: Lift for 95 Geo Tracker!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 12:59:37 AM »
Sidekicks/Trackers have awesome approach and departure angles, break-over angle/rocker panel clearances are their weakness. I would never add to this issue by stretching the wheelbase, ever. I personally went with a combo of OME/Calmini parts even though I believe in buying locally and live close to AE. I still haven't touched the fenders/stops and run 30" BFG KM2s with clearance, 31 or 32s certainly won't be a problem with minor fender mods and appropriate back spacing/rims. (32x10.5 TSL radials)

As nobody really addressed the issue of the strut limiting the down travel for the uninitiated, I thought I'd throw in a bit more muddy water.

- the strut dictates the amount of down travel & potential CV bind, if it's stock you'll have no worries with up to 2/3 in. lift
- a 2" strut spacer or flipping the stock mount (w. stock size strut) is all good for most applications, gains in travel are also good and bumpstops are still functional and CVs still will hold up. No diff drop is required = max clearance (shittier MPG with the hubs locked in 2wd)

bigger lifts...

* OME struts have about an inch more travel but the body is also 1.25" longer (>2" overall length) and combined with a 2" strut drop will certainly require the 2" diff drop. OEM bumpstops are now ornamental & bottoming the suspension happens at the upper strut mount. Still no CV bind at full drop though
- a 1+" spacer on the OEM bump will fix the issue for regular off road stuff

There's obviously a lot of combinations/stacking scenarios without even considering the compression limitations of the soft aftermarket coils available or alternate OEM diff/CV retrofits.

yep, muddy waters...  ::)

-black '92 Samurai, bought new
-black '93 Sidekick, tintop

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
Re: Lift for 95 Geo Tracker!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 04:01:09 AM »
Love them Tintops!
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER