Hello Guest

Shocks!!!!!

• 5 Replies

Shocks!!!!!
« on: April 11, 2012, 11:14:20 PM »
So I posted a very similar topic about 3 or 4 months ago, sold that samurai, and have since bought another one.  an 87 with a 6in Spring over axle lift on 31s.  been a few hiccups with this one, as i'm fixing all the previous owners mistakes.  I'm now ready to get shocks for it, but can't figure out where I need to be looking!  closest I could find were shocks for a samurai with 3 inches of lift, which isn't gonna cut it.  This is a vehicle that gets driven on road, not just off.  anyone help point a noobie towards a decent shock made for the hieght of the lift on my sammy?

Offline Pavulon

Re: Shocks!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 11:21:21 PM »
skyjacker has all different size shocks, just need to figure out the exact length you need...sorry i dont have a more specific answer, but would at least give you a starting point...

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 09:07:11 AM »
no thats perfect!  i didn't even have a real starting point so thank you very much!!!!!!

Offline Pavulon

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 03:34:44 PM »
Anytime, I'm not extremely technical but like to help where I can so that people who know more can help me :P

Offline jrok90

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 07:34:15 PM »
I used monroe's website and looked up the specs on shocks.
Took the part numbers to my local parts place and got the right length of shocks
I needed a set that was 2in. longer than stock.

Offline FBJR

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 09:12:43 PM »
I used monroe's website and looked up the specs on shocks.
Took the part numbers to my local parts place and got the right length of shocks
I needed a set that was 2in. longer than stock.

I did the same and got new shocks for under $30 an Axle  :angel:
I think I had a motorcycle that was heavier!!