Hello Guest

86 sammy acceleration hesitation/jumpyness & low top speed reached my wits end

• 1 Replies

Offline Brewsterc42

• 86 suzuki samurai 1.3L if its not broke dnt fix it
I've own my Suzuki for 5+ years and since 5K miles. Had a clogged cad/converter 3 yrs ago, so replaced the exhaust from the donut gasket on the engine to the tail pipe. soon after i replaced the clutch after a little rock climbing. The zuk has ran fantastically since then only with one problem for the past year the engine would start to hesitate, and bog down, no rev, no power, i had to pump the gas and the clutch to get it off the road. To fix this i would take the carb case off and hose it down with carb. cleaner while reving the engine, hop in and cruise away like nothing ever happened. I've been doin this for about a year now assuming it was something to do with the choke, but as long as it drove around i wasnt going to breakdown and replace anything. about a week ago the engine was having problems getting up to speed bad enough that i had to park it. i bought a rebuild kit, replaced the float some springs the gaskets (even though they didnt look too bad) and what small gold coloredscrews i could pull out and replace. hooked it all back up, the engine started (a true relief) but the problem still persists, sporatic ideling, it will spointaniously start revving to no end untill i shut it off or pump the gas pedel seeming to catch the accelerator again bringing it to the right rev. then, thinking its a clogged cad/converter i cut the pipe, and cleared the cad/converter out, hooked it back up, took it back oin the road. there was still hesitation, and though i got 5mph faster top speed, its still 20mph away from where it was (gets to 55, used to go to 75). My dad says the sometimes, not all the time, it sound like theres a "miss" w/e that is. I know it has fuel, i know it has exhaust, and since it turns on, ill assume it has spark? WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE!!!??? please help, m tired of driving my gf car around and really miss the "little General"

i know its not the gas filter, assume its not the carb after i just rebuilt it and still had the same problem, and its not the cad/converter i just clearedit all out. i left the oil cap off for a couple miles, sprayed oil a little bit of evcerywhere, looked inside the distributer cap, all is dry though there is a little bit of oil on the plug wires, i dont feel any shocks when i run my hand across them.

Offline lv2fsh

Check/replace all the vacume lines. Also check the breather from the carb/pcv and valve cover.
And this; http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content/topic,21551.0.html