Hello Guest

PCD chip

• 6 Replies

PCD chip
« on: March 30, 2012, 05:17:52 AM »
Has anyone installed a PCD chip in a suzuki?
 they are toting 60 hp seems a little insane.
Does anyone have any experiance with these do they actually give you even something close to 60 HP.
 Please reply.. Carl

Offline DonD

Re: PCD chip
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 06:10:25 AM »
Yes, they give .06HP!   :P

Snake oil, run away............................
Central AZ
'90 Tracker
8k Smitty Winch
Man. hubs
Skids
Nerfs and sliders
Lockrite rear
OME susp
4.24 TC
ZOR Ft Bumper

Offline talonxracer

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 06:23:48 AM »
These "chips" do not go in the ECU. They are installed between the IAT sensor and the ECU, what they do is alter the reading of the incoming air charge, thusly fooling the ECU into altering the fuel trims to compensate for the supposed temperature change.
Tim "the toolman" Taylor is my HERO !!!

The only GOOD Commie is the commie taking a dirt nap....

Offline bentparts

• I'd rather be Blown AND Injected.
    • mikekallie's flickr photos
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 03:40:31 PM »
If it comes with a sticker installing that will give you more power than the chip.
The usual stuff, and 2nd generation Air to liquid intercooled TURBOCHARGER

Offline Rhinoman

• Bend it, Break it, Fix it
    • Rhinoman
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 12:56:29 PM »
These "chips" do not go in the ECU. They are installed between the IAT sensor and the ECU, what they do is alter the reading of the incoming air charge, thusly fooling the ECU into altering the fuel trims to compensate for the supposed temperature change.

Until the ECU has corrected for it using feedback from the O2 sensor or has gone into fail safe mode because it thinks the sensor is faulty.
2000 Vitara 1.6, 3+3 Lift, 33"MTs, 5:83s, LWB brakes, Winch, Snorkel, Safari Rack
1986 SJ413K PickUp, 1.6L conversion.

OBD1 - Full diagnostics on a PC/Laptop: http://www.rhinopower.org

Offline 87Suzi

• Love this little thing!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 08:30:13 AM »
The only thing I've ever heard of that actually gives you the noticeable power gain is a programmer. They are pricey but I hear they are well worth it if you want to fine tune your ECU. What they do is either disable the governor if you're looking for higher speeds, and vice versa to improve fuel economy... kinda like the expensive little tuners you see guys putting in their diesel trucks. In a 4cyl I don't see the use in it because its not gonna give enough to notice

Offline talonxracer

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 07:09:02 PM »

Until the ECU has corrected for it using feedback from the O2 sensor or has gone into fail safe mode because it thinks the sensor is faulty.

I was not in any way defending or promoting them. I should have said "fooled temporarily" as you pointed out. Pretty much a scam.
Tim "the toolman" Taylor is my HERO !!!

The only GOOD Commie is the commie taking a dirt nap....